“Try the maracuya sour!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arthur Restaurant

Arthur Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 370 Restaurants in Arequipa
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Arthur Restaurant, fine dinning restaurant located in the historic square of Campo Redondo in San Lazaro, place of the Foundation of Arequipa, offers the best seasonal products that Peru has to offer, Chef and Owner Arthur Garcia worked in michelin star restaurants in France, he combinates French techniques with peruvian ingredients and molecular tendencies in a beautiful 400 year old Lava Rock restored Colonial house, with modern and vintage style, warm ambience and excelent service.Arthur invites to taste it signatures dishes, such as Molecular Ceviche, Liquid Nitrogen desserts. Open Monday to Saturday 12m-330pm lunch 7pm-11pm dinner
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Try the maracuya sour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

After having such a great time at cooking classes with Chef Arthur in the morning we decided to have dinner at his restaurant that evening. Started with a maracuya (passion fruit) sour at the bar, which was the best I tasted all over Peru. I enjoyed the delicate but rich flavor of the quinoa crusted fish that was served over a calamari risotto.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank KristinHNL

Arequipa, Peru
“A perfect meal :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I enjoyed a delicious meal at Arthur's restaurant. I tried for first time Pisco Sour Molecular, an amazing "drink" and excellent taste!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank ClaudinhaRl
Peru
“Good but not yet the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

At the moment, this is rated the highest of upper-scale restaurants in Arequipa on tripadvisor. Living in the city, this made me want to try it! We went for a special occasion on a weekday night. We were one of only 2 tables that filled during our 2 hours there, and the cook staff appeared to be "called in" - arriving about 25 minutes after we did (making our meal slow, obviously, but we weren't in a hurry). While we planned to order from the regular menu, nothing on it seemed amazing (it's a very small selection) so we went with the 3 course "menu" special since it was much cheaper (s/29 while entrees alone run s/40-55). Our salad was good. My husband had the alpaca with pasta and his was excellent and a good sized-portion. I had the pork chop on mashed potatoes. It was fine but the mashed potatoes were from the bag, and the pork was just average. Our included "dessert" was some bananas with honey on lucuma ice cream. Both my husband and I hate lucuma (one of the reasons we didn't order a separate dessert- more than 1/2 were made with lucuma) so we couldn't eat that. We asked what the chef's specialty was and were told the dishes made with nitrogen, but the only dinners made with "molecular" technique were cold like ceviche which Peruvians eat midday but not at night, and some desserts. Overall, our dinner was good, but not amazing. I went home a little hungry. I can't put this in the same league as ZigZag or Chicha or the others that are in this same price range and designed for special occasions. Of course, there could be other menu items that would and we could have spend more to order a s/25 appetizer and s/25 dessert and perhaps been more impressed. Personally, I was surprised there is not a single entree made with chicken. I love chicken and would have ordered it if there had been - but nothing was even tempting. It was pretty and the service was good but I think the menu needs some work.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MartitaAQP
arthurestaurant, Owner at Arthur Restaurant, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing us, since quality is our main standard we took spacial interest on the details you mention:
The option you choose executive menu has 2 options of starter green sallad, and pumpkin soup both are ready to serve in less than 25 min.
We are sorry you think our carte didnt seemed good to you
By the way we have 3 differentt home made pastas, 4 different types of fish, salmon, sea bass, mahi mahi and trout, octopus, limpet, shirmp and langoustine, 2different cuts of beef, lamb, alpaca, guinea pigand pork, and despite this
You though it was a small selection.
On the executive menu s/.29.00 we bake yellow potatoes everyday for our mashed potatoes so we are sorry it tasted from the bag, though we apprecciate your input on starters with chicken we will include them, thank you again we apprecciate your comments, we hope you visit us soon we have a new executive menu.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, a little more refinement needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had an excellent, great value meal at Arthur's last night but if Arthur means to reach the heady heights of Michelin star then there are a few refinements needed.

The setting: set in an old building the marble and stone walls make it a great setting. Even better is the fact you can see what is going on in the kitchen. There were the odd stains on some of the table cloths though.

The cocktails: a-ma-zing!! Arthur wasn't happy with the measures of one of the cocktails so he came out with his liquid nitrogen and whipped up some more. Very tasty though the martini glass did have a tiny chip in it.

Starters: I had the sea bass carpaccio and my other half had the sea bass ceviche. The carpaccio came with an option of fruit but I forgot to ask for it so only got the classic version which was just like ceviche and would have been helped by a bit of sweetness to cut through the acidity. The waiter really should have confirmed my option when taking the order but he did not. Also the portion size was quite large. Arthur could cut the size by a third for it to look more refined and also add to his profit margins

Mains: I went for the beef steak on the bone with a creamy mash and the other half went for the alpaca tenderloin with a spicy risotto. Both were cooked superbly and tasted great. The only issue was the presentation. Both came on oblong plates and my creamy mash overflowed onto the table as the serving was so large. Different plates and smaller servings would have helped.

Desserts: we took the fake fried egg and coconut floating island. The fake fried egg was made of gelatin and fruit and looked great with a charred banana that looked like a sausage (and tasted a little though maybe it was psychosomatic). Presentation of both we're great though the blueberry creme brûlée could have been sweeter.

All in all a great meal for around £50 per person including wine. Was also great to meet Arthur who would describe the dishes and gave a bit of background on himself. As I say if he does mean to aim high then he needs to find the right balance of style and substance to push the restaurant into the upper echelons of fine dining. He's only been open three years so I think he's doing great.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lee D
Thanks for choosing us, we apprecciate very much your comments refinement on the areas you mention have been copied and improved by now, thanks very much for your input it was very valuable to us!
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

i was very impressed with the food and decor, i ate wrapped sparagus sallad for starter was impecable, main was lush had seabass with calamari risso must try!

• Visited April 2013