All reviews hot water roof terrace great location would stay again overnight bus private room jose hostel
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews I guess my expectations were pretty high. Average place. Clean though and the host Jose is super nice. It is really cheap to stay there which is why it is worthwhile. The place itself is nothing spectacular as it is not very social but worth it if you just want a cheap clean place to sleep.

Date of stay: February 2014
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

La Posada del Kuraka was probably the nicest place we've been in our last weeks in Perù.
What it offers are clean and warm rooms with comfy beds, private bathroom in each of them with hot water 24h; excellent location in a quiet and safe neighborhood, close to laundries, shops, restaurants, and only five minutes walk to plaza de Armas; it also has a nicely furnished kitchenette and a huge fridge where you can store your stuff; the owner, the amazing Jose, will always be there to assist you, and most important for us backpackers, he is extremely kind and honest and will give you good advices about what to see/ where to eat without breaking your wallet..!
Last but not least, la Posada has an excellent terrace overlooking the city on one side and El Misti on the other, making of it a brilliant place to meet other travellers, have a drink or even just relax after a long walking day in the White City.
I would definitely recommend this place for either short or long stays, also considering the very good relation between quality and price.
I'm looking forward to be back there, some day!

Date of stay: December 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed for one week at Jose's hostal, and I'd have stayed longer if I could! The hostal is really well located, a few blocs from Plaza de Armas, in a safe street. The rooms are clean and the hostal is quiet, which is a good point. Breakfast is not included, but you can cook and enjoy your meals on the rooftop which has a nice view on the town and the mountains. If you don't like to cook, don't worry because you'll have plently of restaurants at a stone's throw.
José, the host, was really nice and helpful : he helped me everytime I needed, always smiling! He makes you feel like home.
I would definitiely come back, I loved my stay at the Posada del Kuraka!

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Marie F
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Arequipa. The rooms are nice and quiet. Hot water, towels, shared kitchen and a great view at the roof terrace are included in the very cheap price. The host Jose it very very friendly and gives a lot of information about Arequipa (e.g. good places to eat, etc.). We absolutely enjoyed our stay in this nice hostal in the middle of Arequipa. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Jose and his family are wonderfully welcoming and helpful. They helped my boyfriend and I in so many ways during our stay. Jose saved our money belt (with all important contents) when it was accidentally left in the room. The room was clean with a very comfy bed. There was a great rooftop terrace with a beautiful view, and it was well located. Jose's wife and mother even taught us how to make Chicha Morada (a typical peruvian drink) with the purple corn we mistakenly thought we could use in dinner. Only downside was a small kitchen, but that just helped us make friends with other travelers more easily. Definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Arequipa.

Date of stay: July 2013