All reviewshot watergreat locationrooftop terracewould stay againovernight bushostel
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed for one week at Jose's hostal, and I'd have stayed longer if I could! The hostal is really well located, a few blocs from Plaza de Armas, in a safe street. The rooms are clean and the hostal is quiet, which is a good point. Breakfast is not included, but you can cook and enjoy your meals on the rooftop which has a nice view on the town and the mountains. If you don't like to cook, don't worry because you'll have plently of restaurants at a stone's throw.
José, the host, was really nice and helpful : he helped me everytime I needed, always smiling! He makes you feel like home.
I would definitiely come back, I loved my stay at the Posada del Kuraka!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marie F
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Arequipa. The rooms are nice and quiet. Hot water, towels, shared kitchen and a great view at the roof terrace are included in the very cheap price. The host Jose it very very friendly and gives a lot of information about Arequipa (e.g. good places to eat, etc.). We absolutely enjoyed our stay in this nice hostal in the middle of Arequipa. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Jose and his family are wonderfully welcoming and helpful. They helped my boyfriend and I in so many ways during our stay. Jose saved our money belt (with all important contents) when it was accidentally left in the room. The room was clean with a very comfy bed. There was a great rooftop terrace with a beautiful view, and it was well located. Jose's wife and mother even taught us how to make Chicha Morada (a typical peruvian drink) with the purple corn we mistakenly thought we could use in dinner. Only downside was a small kitchen, but that just helped us make friends with other travelers more easily. Definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Arequipa.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Jose is amazing! He helped us with everything, really makes you feel at home. we stayed almost a week just because it was a nice place. The room is basic+, but there's hot water all the time and very good intenet connection.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in a ground floor room, which was basic but clean and secure and had a great bathroom. Good hot water early in the morning and any time after lunch. Lovely roof terrace to catch the morning and afternoon sun, with wonderful mountain views. Small kitchen with no fridge, but perfectly adequate for cooking meals. Super friendly family running the place who would help out with any query/ request. Jose was especially good at encouraging us to use our (limited) Spanish and his mother was just a delight.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple