All reviewshot watergreat locationrooftop terracewould stay againovernight bushostel
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Top hostel in Peru. Clean rooms, hot showers, great terrace on the roof and owner Jose who helped us with everything. He also recommended great company for our tour. We felt like at home and next time we will come back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The owner, Jose, is absolutely wonderful! He will do anything he can to help out his guests with questions, locking up bags, and recommendations. The rooms are very clean, the hostel is quiet, and the showers are HOT. Perfect stay on a budget. I would go there again if just for Jose.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We found the hostel related to this one in the lonely planet book, and when we arrived there it was booked. The owner (Father of Jose, owner of kuraka) pointed us to his other hostel, and explained that we'd probably like it better there anyway because everything is new. Jose (the owner) is awesome! Super friendly, and he goes out of his way to help you with whatever you need. He told us great places to eat and to go out, and called us cabs when needed. Clean beds, warm, TV, hot water. He even let us test the hot water before we committed to staying and turned on the gas to be sure there was hot water in the morning. Clean bathrooms and showers, everything does look new. Comfy bed, but a few of my friends had not so comfy beds. Only stayed one night so no input on the kitchen. About 3 mins walk from calle san francisco and maybe 5 mins from the plaza.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

During my two months round trip in Peru, Jose's hostel is the best budget hotel I have stayed. Here I got everything I needed: hot water bath, WiFi in the room (I stayed in both first and second floor), laundry services, comfortable bed and quiet in the night. Jose is very helpful with everything. I was looking for two days trip to colca canyon, after asked several agencies, I got the best offer from Jose. I was positively surprised. He is trying best to let the guest to feel comfortable, and I did feel at home. If I come to arequipa again, I definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Hosts Jose and father were very helpful. Jose speaks good English and is truly delightful. Although on a very busy street, the rooms (we stayed in two - one before Colca Canyon, and another after) are very quiet. Location is convenient to restaurants and tourist attractions. Jose Sr. arraigned a trip to the Colca Canyon for us at a very reasonable price and we were happy with the tour. Nice roof area for enjoying cocktails and the sunset.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple