Queen's Villa Hotel Boutique
Casa Arequipa(Arequipa)
Inkanto Hotel(Arequipa)
Mint Hotel(Arequipa)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice poolswimming pooleggsjuicebeautiful gardencolca canyonrooms are cleangreat hotelmain plazataxiperu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located about 10 to 15 minutes walk from the main square and in a safe part of Arequipa. We walked during the day and evening and caught taxis at night (6 or 7 sols). The rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The staff make the hotel though. They are friendly and helpful, they go out of their way to book restaurants and organise taxis etc). They also saved almost all our clothes - after travelling In the amazon for a week, we needed to do washing (while the hotel offers a laundry service, it is by item, so we went looking for a laundry that charged by the kilo - they are normally about 5 sols a kg). We dropped our clothes off, but were 30 mins late collecting and the laundry had closed (and the next two days were national holidays). We were travelling to colca canyon and had to ask the hotel to help get our clothes back, as upon our return we had three hours before an evening bus to Arica. The hotel organised and eventually, got in contact with the laundry and sent a taxi and had our clothes back for our return...huge relief. I would definitely return, just based on the service. Also breakfast was good with omelettes made to order and good fresh fruit.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was really glad to have found this hotel when my coworker recommended it.
Jasmina was extremely friendly and helpful during check in and check out.

Breakfast is really good and they'll make eggs any way you like them.

I also enjoyed my room which overlooked the pool and I had a small patio outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I loved the gardens in Queen's Villa. You pay for the outdoor environment, not just your room. I got to see all the rooms, but stayed in the casona (old mansion). It was so nice with its new boutique look. If you are not forgiving to its needed improvements like a new carpet and new doors, then you may want to stay in the bungalows or the rooms overlooking the pool. The bungalows have a view of the outside as well, just different. They express the nature of the hotel in their bathrooms. You'll have to check out those bathrooms. You'll want it in your house.
The breakfast is very fresh. I loved the freshly-made juices. Try all flavors if you can. I liked the guabana one. They make any type of egg right in front of you too. I got scrambled eggs or omelets. The restaurant is another service for you to try. I liked sitting in the bar area and eat dessert at night. I had two that had ice cream and fruit served warm. Just delicious.
Enjoy and take time in the outdoors there. I like to take photos so I had extra fun. I was afraid to lay in the grass and read a book, but why not? Spoil yourself with a book about the city or Peru and take a spot on the grass or poolside. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank koruperu
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at Queens Villa. I stayed for a month in one of the bungalows, and it really felt like home. It was very quiet, despite being so close to downtown. It was also really nice and shady, with a very nice pool and common areas where you can relax and cool down. For me, what was most important was that there was a good work area (which there was, a nice desk with plenty of space, free Wi-Fi and a quiet environment), a nice bathroom (which there was, it looked like it had been recently renovated, and it was very spacious), and good breakfast (they had delicious fresh juice and coffee, eggs, fruit, and really good bread). It was also only a couple of blocks from two restaurants, one which served fancy versions of regional food (for those days where you want to go all out) and a really affordable spot just a little further that has different set menus everyday (I usually got it to go and took it back to the hotel). The owner is very nice and friendly, and she also makes a really great pisco sour (you can't leave Peru without trying one, they are amazing, like lemon merengue pie). Overall, the price was good for what I wanted, the service was great, and my stay was very comfortable.

Room Tip: The bungalows were where I stayed, they were great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Marianela Z, Gerente at Queen's Villa Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you for your nice words! We are looking forward you visit Arequipa again with your family and friends and for sure you will surprise with the new renovations.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights. Upgraded to an executive double room. The bathroom was tastefully decorated with a modern touch. Beds were very comfortable with high quality linens. Full hot breakfast was the best of any during our 3 week tour of Peru & Chile. Pool was lovely but too cold to swim in during our stay. Hotel located in a quiet upscale neighbourhood. Taxi ride to Plaza d'Armas was 7 soles each way.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends