“Have your drink”

Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is not a place to have some beers with your friends, but a perfect place to make a break while you are doing whatever in the day. The coffee is good, the view is better, the service never bad. At night is better. Go by yourself or with someone else. If it's at night, wear warm clothes.

There are newer reviews for El Petit Cafe

Reviewed September 30, 2013

the terrasse is very nice after a long day visiting. drinks are good but not great, and they are rather expensive for the city. so go there just to relax, and it doesn't feel too touristic, but the staff is not perivian (french).

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The place is very colonial all made of stones and have great spots to take some pictures. The menu of food is a bit small, it is actually the place to chill and have some wine (there you can find french wines becouse the owner is french) and finnaly enjoy some quallity in the beverage. best time to visit is, i beleave, in the evening. I should say also that the french owner is lovely.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

walking around the "Claustros de la compania" I saw this place where I went to order one expresso(only one) but, it took to them more than 20 minutes to make my expresso......I would not write this but, that day the place was not quite busy. Great location, amazing view!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I believe I reviewed this restaurant in the past. It USED TO BE owned by a Frenchman. My latest trip to the restaurant (December, 2012) revealed that he and his girlfriend returned to France due to an accident his brother suffered. (That's what I understand.)

The restaurant enjoys an amazing setting. You can completely escape the hustle and bustle of Plaza de Armas by slipping into this courtyard (just a stone's throw from the Plaza) and going upstairs to Cafe y Vino.

In my most recent visit, I had two glasses of Chilean (correct word?) white wine and chatted with a friend for mine for at least an hour. My ... American, anti-smoking disposition is going to surface here and I will warn you that (from time to time) folks smoke both inside and outside the restaurant. I can't vouch for the food--as I have in the past (it was very good)--but the service was good and friendly when I went there in Dec. 2012 and the little cafe is O so intimate: artwork, music (a bit too loud, really), small tables and chairs, and a bar at which you can sit. Chairs and tables are outside, too--and when I used to go there about 1-2 years ago, they brought you a blanket to throw over your legs if you were sitting outside in the evening.

I return to Arequipa in April (2013) and I'll try to write a more informed review. But ... if your experience in 2013 doesn't match reviews on Trip Advisor dot com, it might be due to the change in ownership. Just FYI.