“Very nice”

Chicha por Gaston Acurio
Ranked #15 of 391 Restaurants in Arequipa
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Richmond, Canada
“Very nice”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very good food Acurio style and the best Pisco Sours at the bar. We visited three times and were never disappointed. Bartender was very sociable and informative.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
South Carolina
“Lovely lunch, impeccable service.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful recommendation by our hotel. The menu is varied, not too eclectic, and wonderfully fresh. Ceviche was perfect and our waiter was attentive but not hovering. It may cost more than average but well worth it.

Visited October 2013
Shillingford, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Having read some reviews about service we approached the restaurant with caution. This was unnecessary, we were welcomed by the staff seated and served with the requested pisco sours in good time. The waiters were attentive and helpful and the dishes ordered came quickly and were delicious. This is an attractive restaurant with a warm ambience and we had a very enjoyable meal.

• Visited October 2013
Arequipa, Peru
“Breakfast on the terrace”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had stopped at Chicha really for a sort of mid-morning snack rather than a full breakfast. The service was very good and the setting was very charming. The large party at a nearby table were clearly enjoying themselves and their food. I was a little disappointed that the first two items I chose from the menu turned out not to be available because I was looking forward to trying their version of some of my favorite breakfast/snack dishes, e.g. pie de acelga and a artichoke pastry. What I did have was good, but frankly unmemorable. Perhaps this is just because I was expecting to be blown away by the deliciousness, so "really good" was not quite good enough. I travel to Arequipa quite a lot for my work and I think I could have found as good a pastry at any number of local shops without the steep pricetag, though the patio at Chicha really is beautiful.

• Visited September 2013
California
“I could eat evryday there”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

There was nothing to dislike. One can sit in the bar area, the pation or the more formal dining room. Starting with the little rolls made in house, especially quinoa, are delicious. The main courses were all wonderful, we had adobo, ossobuco, trout, alpaca. I wish I could stay there long enough to try them all. At the end we were offered what was described as marakuya marshmallows (no relationship to any marshmallow I am familiar with), that just melted in your mouth... mniam, mniam.

Visited September 2013