“Most enjoyable meal”

Chicha por Gaston Acurio
Ranked #16 of 428 Restaurants in Arequipa
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

With only one night in Arequipa, we had competing recommendations on where to eat dinner. We chose Chi Cha and were not disappointed. The traditional Peruvian food we ordered was great, and the ambiance was great. The staff were friendly and the overall experience was very relaxing. Prices were very good.

We ate early by local standards - feel sure that it can get quite busy later in the evening.

It is located quite close to the Main Square.

1  Thank Bryan B
There are newer reviews for Chicha por Gaston Acurio

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant was WONDERFUL. Definitely the best meal I had in Arequipa. The staff was helpful and the menu had a great mix of dishes. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a more upscale restaurant in Arequipa.

2  Thank Alana W
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We shared a generous portion of tequenos with beef followed by seafood linguine and triple tradicion of chicarron, rocoto relleno and ocopa. The tequenos were deliciously yummy, the triple tradicion a great plate showcasing different flavours and spice levels of Peruvian dishes but the seafood linguine were lacking a good dose of seafood – hence not full marks am afraid.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is just amazing! When I first arrived in Peru, I didn't know about the amazing cuisine of Peru, and how famous cooking was here (a bit like in my home country where cuisine is in our blood :)). Then I heard about Gaston and I decided I have to taste and wow I was just impressed. The style of the restaurant in a old building made of this typical sillar stone of Arequipa, the waiters that were incredibly professional in the way of serving you and making sure you're having a good time, and then obviously the food!!! So tasty, perfectly cooked and well presented. I would highly recommend this place. I'm just sad I couldn't make the Astrid & Gaston in Lima :( I'll have to come back :)

1  Thank Pokyx
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place was recommended as on of the two best restaurants in Arequipa. We made a res two days in advance. When we showed up, we were seated in an unheated patio area. The propane unbrella heater gave on the option of being fried on the front side and cold on the back, or just plain cold. The table was a metal top patio furniture affair, with furniture like a cheap burger joint.
The service could be described as indifferent to the customer. The food was mediocre to poor.
If you're looking for a good restaurant in Arequipa, this isn't the one. Try Zig Zag.