“Excellent lunch”

Chicha por Gaston Acurio
Ranked #15 of 457 Restaurants in Arequipa
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Went there after a visit to Santa Catalina - it's just over the road. Extensive menu and wide selection of drinks. I had alpaca - delicous. Service is good and unobtrusive.

1  Thank Pinkfootpat
Write a ReviewReviews (2,134)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not bad, but not excellent. The resturant needs remodeled real bad. Service is very good, and the food is just good.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Enjoyed our lunch here after visiting the Santa Catalina Convent. The food portions are large and the dishes quite tasty. Can't say it was the best of the best places we have eaten ate, but it was certainly very good.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We knew the food was good in Peru. We were expecting it to be so.
After a less than inspiring meal at "Rosa Nautica" in Lima where the shrimp were frozen, even though the restaurant is built over the sea, we were hoping for improvement in Arequipa.
We found it.

Chica por Gaston Acurio is located in a beautifully restored building, opposite the monastery on calle Santa Catalina. You will be truly blessed if you eat here.
My friend and I ordered two main meals; Lechon a la criolla and Triple Tradicion. The first included beautifully prepared, moist pork belly with a native potato gratin and green salad. The second offered three servings of traditional Peruvian cooking - ocapa, stuffed pepper and fried pork rib.
The presentation detail deserved to be photographed and I did. Our shared desert was a sinful collation of berry and cream cheese crepe, raspberry sorbet, chocolate foam and a delicate frond of caster sugar praline. I wanted to sin again, yet our meal sizes had been generous and common sense prevailed.
The service was impeccable. I have a problem with citrus and the waiter was careful to indicate all meals that could have been problematic.
Our final surprise was the price. At first we thought the amount was in US dollars. No, it was in Soles.
So when your soul is in need of a little angelic sustenance in Arequipa, you know where to go.

1  Thank LionessGoldCoast
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased, we didn't have a booking it was a Sunday lunch time and were accommodated straight away the hostess was very friendly, wait staff attentive and helpful with drink suggestions. The food was fab! We had the alpaca burger and the goats cheese ravaoli I was asked wether I would like the pasta al dente or well done which I have never been asked before even at amazing Italian back home, nice touch. It was Cooked perfectly.
Also amazing desserts
We will defiantly return before we leave Arequipa.