“Very satisfied with the stay here”
Review of Los Tambos

Los Tambos
Ranked #2 of 102 Hotels in Arequipa
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Any shortcoming in the hotel's accomodation is more than made up by the superb staff - everyone encountered here from the manager on down was extremely friendly, helpful and genuinely concerned for their guests. Really going beyond all of my expectations.

They provided transportation to and from the bus station (also available for airport) - and the driver they use is also extremely friendly and helpful - with suggestions on places to eat, local cuisine, and more. He also is making effort to learn more English.

There were no serious issues with the room - but I would have appreciated a better shower head - the one they used produced less than satisfactory flow (there are low-flow showerheads that would be much more satisfying than the old thing they have here - at least in our room).

The location is very good, and would stay here again and definitely recommend this hotel!
The people here are truly 5-star.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Love2beTraveling
Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was so wonderful place to stay. Really nice place, and NICE PEOPLE. Really friendly. I opt for the tour leaving at 2:30 AM and they prepare a breakfast package. In other hotels I would just miss my breakfast, but not hear. Very nice services. Also one other thing that I really appreciate is the fact that I ve arrived to the airport and after reading an email from them Ive learnt that I can be picked up by the hotel driver. I did not let them now in advance, despite that they promptly sent a driver and they even apologize, which was truly unexpected given I was to blame.
Very Very nice place nice and polite personnel highly recommended. What I appreciate also is the fact that most rooms seems not to face street. Believe me you are not missing anything. Puffing, honking cars and diesel buses, that's not really what you need in the night or early in the morning. Not having street view I was able to sleep very well :) One other thing, the hotel is only few steps form the very center (50 steps to go to main plaza). And Cleaning Lady found my lost Lonely Planet Book for which I was very grateful :) Perfect English, WIFI was excellent, you can book tours from the hotel, they will hand you nice map of the citi, will advice you on what to see and where to eat, Simply the best place I've ever stayed in South America. They set the benchmark high also for European hotels :)) cheers, good job, well done

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Duskyyy
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Wish we had stayed longer. This is a charming place with the nicest staff and great service. Our room was small but beautifully remodeled - hotel has an elevator, nice comfortable bed and fluffy towels. The young lady at the front desk went personally to buy a soft drink for my husband when he asked for the nearest store. The breakfast can be ordered off the menu and they even made my husband a chocolate crepe as a birthday surprise (I did not order it). It is located a few steps away from the main plaza.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MLTtraveler
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We just returned from a lovely holiday in Peru in which we stayed 2 nights in Hotel Los Tambos, Arequipa. The setting is nicely located in centre of Arequipa which allows you to be close to everything. The rooms are very clean with all the comfort you need. (hot water, Wifi, nice beds) Breakfast is wonderfull and freshly prepared. When arriving from Lima by bus, we even had a free pickup towards hotel.
We can only recommend this place !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2014

After reading a few reviews (trip adviser) and visiting the website of Los Tambos making my decision for booking this hotel wasn't difficult, and again this was a good choice, I can only thank again to every member of the stuff for making my stay comfortable and enjoyable. I give a very good choice because of their attention, cleanliness and comfort. The only thing but has nothing to do with the hotel were the pigeons they woke me up early, but this is all around down town Arequipa i guess.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had an absolutely AMAZING experience at Los Tambos! We were welcomed at the airport by a driver who was kind, energetic and had a bottled water for each of us. We pulled up to Los Tambos and the manager was opening the car door and welcoming us. We were offered tea as we entered and felt right at home! The room was in great condition with everything we needed, including more bottled water (this was awesome since you can't drink the tap water in Peru and the air is extremely dry). The breakfast each morning included many options and was delicious! We visited on Peru's Independence day, and they served a special dessert crepe at the end of breakfast to celebrate. The location is ideal as it is right off of the main plaza and within walking distance of anyplace you want to visit. There is also a rooftop deck to watch the sunset or get a feel for the layout of the city.

If we ever find ourselves back in Arequipa there is no doubt that we will stay in this hotel. I would highly recommend it! (Also, if you need any special accommodations they will help you with it, and there is an elevator if you need it.)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RobinMarie209
Reviewed February 19, 2014

A real gem of a hotel just off the plaza, the perfect location for anyone visiting Arequipa. The rooms are all very clean and comfortable; I really felt at home. The staff are all exceptionally nice and helpful, providing superb customer service. Everyone was so great but I must single out Lisset at reception who daily provided great recommendations for places to dine; she really was wonderful. A very nice breakfast is provided each morning as part of the rate as well as transportation to and from the airport. Our driver, Carlos, was fantastic and provided great information about Arequipa. There are also a couple of covered rooftop sun decks to sit and relax if you so desire.

I highly recommend this hotel, especially to English speakers, as everyone is able to communicate well in English and the hotel rooms will be comfortable to westerners. The location is near many touristy sites and great shops and restaurants. The hotel staff will provide maps of nearby locations as well as brochures for tours and places to visit.

With all this high praise my one and only complaint is that the water pressure in the shower in our 5th floor room was rather weak. You will certainly be able to clean yourself but the water is more of a "rain" than a blast of water.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple