This hostel provides huge rooms, beautiful terraces, laundry service, excellent breakfast services and staff. Rooms and bathrooms were well kept and always clean. The wifi signal was and connection was good for Peru. The hostel was about a 10 minute walk to the city centre and located across the street from a police station.
- shower didn't always drain properly
- slippery floors even with good shoes on
Overall this hostel is a bit pricey but worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Santa Marta Hotel is located in the center of Arequipa, four blocks from the main square, "Plaza de Armas." Arequipa is one of the principal cities in the south of Peru. The hotel provides its guests with superior, high quality service enhanced by the warm, welcoming hospitality of our staff. The colonial-era architecture of the hotel is remarkable with vaulted ceilings and walls. Ornamental friezes and cornices decorate the doorways and windows and magically transport our guests back to a more leisurely time. The building is constructed of white volcanic rock, commonly known as "sillar." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Santa Marta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.