“Highly recommend booking a few nights here”

Dreams Hotel Boutique
Ranked #14 of 101 Hotels in Arequipa
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Really wonderful staff on reception. The first day I arrived I was welcomed with a very big smile and hello, "you must be Martin (that IS my name), how are you". They looked after all my needs with a big smile. The rooms are great. Each one is different. Really loved the paint jobs in each room (they look a bit tackier on the website than in real life). Nice balcony on the 3rd floor for a coffee and cigarette (yes still allowed in south america). Breakfast is exactly what your expect at this price range. Fresh, nice (would have liked some muesli though). Eggs cooked to order. Some fresh fruit. Some nice bread rolls. NICE COFFEE. Very very hard to find in South America (still not world beating, but for Sth America, very good). I returned 2 weeks later (after trying a few other OK hotels in the price range in Arequipa) and was greeted like an old friend returning. Close enough to where you want to be in the center of town. Got a phone call at 9.15am saying "the breakfast is about to finish. Do you want me to keep it open or do you want me to organise something for your room". Yes! try this place with confidence!

Room Tip: It is on 2 roads. You may want to ask for the quiet side. Either side is fine until about 8am, so de...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank whitlocm
Carmen M, Propietario at Dreams Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Greetings
Mr Withlock

Thank you so much for your comment, it's great that you had a good time with us, knowing what you liked most and the suggestions, make us to improve more on the details, just to let it you know we are launching soon our breakfast menu with new things to enjoy more the mornings, well it was a pleasure to serving you, Everybody is sending you greetings from your family Dreams.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a nice hotel located in a nice, quiet neighborhood. I stayed in a standard room with a king sized bed. The room was great, everything was very clean. The breakfast they serve is delicious, and they'll bring it to your room if you want. The staff was very friendly, especially Leydy, who was always willing to help out with anything she could. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steven G
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I spent one week in this hotel and loved every minute. I had a very comfortable room, really lovely. I want to thank especially the receptionist Michael who went out of his way to help me in everything I needed. He even noticed, when he made a copy of my passport, that I had my birthday on the day I arrived and came up to my room with a delicious piece of cake with a candle on it and a candy box. That was so sweet of him. Thank you, Michael.

Room Tip: I think my room number was 312. It was a lovely room with a king size bed, quiet although the window...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ruthdick
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very beautiful place in a quiet surrounding area. With a lovely decoration. Loved my room and the bathroom. Good and big shower area.
Staff very, very helpful, they helped in every question I asked for, the only problem is some of them do not know enough english to understand you!. Delicious breakfast with a very good variety.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LenaC3
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Good location just 10 min walk from the center of Arequipa. Staff were excellent. Rooms beautifully decorated. Breakfast was superb. Good wifi. Roof terrace was a let down though. The view was not great.

The shower was one of the best we have encountered on our trip.

We would go back.

Dolores & Graham

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fleabear
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at Dreams Boutique Hotel at Arequipa for a night. It has a great location- walking distance to the Plaza de Armas yet away from the noise and high prices of the city center. We also liked the innovative design concept- different color themes in all rooms. The rooms were small but since we were out most of the time, it didn't matter. Beds were comfortable and service was good. We liked the community spaces at each floor where you could sit and chat. Wish the restaurant had more options for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N_V_adventurers
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We had planned to spend 3 night in Dreams Hotel but our mistake with the bus meant we missed the first night and arrived early the next morning for breakfast.

The rooms are nice with a large comfortable bed, flat screen TV and a fridge with reasonably priced drinks. The room is a little small but that was ok. The bathroom was nice too and we had plenty of hot water.

The staff were friendly and courteous and reminded us that we still could make breakfast. They offered us eggs and they were good but took a while.

We decided to book the Colca Canyon tour through the hotel/their agent and this was a mistake. It's not the hotels fault but just to warn other guests it was very poorly done with a crazy driver, incredibly uncomfortable bus and guide that barely spoke to us on the supposedly bilingual tour. You have been warned. Hotel management it's time to review the tour operator you promote.

The first day we took in the sights of Arequipa (beautiful by the way) and decided to drop back to the hotel first and then go back out for dinner. We met a different lady on the desk and she was so helpful recommending a restaurant in town, she also recommended the hotel restaurant but we wanted to get out to see more. That was fine and she also offered to book a taxi and make the reservation. We came back down after a quick change and I'm not sure where the mistake occurred but something happened with the booking and instead they could only fit us in later that night. We were exhausted so decided to try the hotel restaurant.

We both ordered starters and mains. My husband's main came first and was pretty tough (beef) and then his starter came, which was nice but not at the same time. My main arrived next and it was pretty dull just a chicken kebab with a small few fries. Time ticked on and it seemed the staff were manning the front desk and restaurant so was hard to get their attention. Eventually long after I had finished my main I got the waiter's attention and asked about my Quesadilla and he said yes it's coming. He brought it out them and it was obvious the fish had been sitting in the kitchen for some time, probably dine I got my main. It was horrible. The same lady who we met at the desk earlier came to check and I explained. She was very apologetic. We asked for the bill then as we were very underwhelmed by the food and too tired to wait. We were offered additional drinks and we declined these and were then offered a discount. This was nice and I accepted this as a gesture.

The next morning we were being picked up at 3 for Colca Canyon and the staff were very kind as to make us up a small breakfast to take with us as we would miss breakfast at the hotel. This was very nice and not something I have come across before I came to Peru.

That night we attempted to book the restaurant in the city again through the front desk but we found it difficult toile ourselves understood to the staff on the desk that evening. We ended up doing it ourselves.

Overall the hotel is nice but the service is a little hit or miss, the lady I mentioned was excellent, I didn't catch her name and only met her that first evening but after that service was so so. It's a good location at bit outside the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: October 2012