“Very good location and super staff”

and 1 more site!
Bothy Hostel Arequipa
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in a 4bed dorm upstairs. the room was clean and had lockers inside. The staff - Monica, Karen and Raoul - are just great and lovely. The location is perfect. the bathroom I felt was a bit old and the shower just okay, you will get hot water after about 2 Minutes. Breakfast is included in the price but very basic so you will end up ordering eggs etc for which you need to pay extra. On the roof you will find hammocks and the views of the volcanos are just great. They also have a nice bar with good drinks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
bothyhostels, Manager at Bothy Hostel Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Friend
Thank you for your comment! We are very happy that you enjoy our city and your stay in bothy Arequipa! Your feedback helps us a lot to improve!

Thanks for your comment!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We arrived in Arequipa and heard of people that bothy hostal was supposed to be good. And indeed it was! The people really helped us a lot with planning trips and giving advice on where to eat and go. I want to thank Misael in person for helping us arrange our bustrips! The rooms were really clean and if asked they clean it for you whenever you want. The bar was really nice and we enjoyed crowing ourselves kings of beerpong on several nights. Another thanks to the lovely Karen of the reception who took us out to a fun club! Overal: 5 out of 6.

Kind regards Antoine

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Friend
Thank you very much for you comment. this motivates us a lot to be better every day!
Your feedback helps us a lot!

Saludos de bothy Arequipa

We wish you always the best!

The bothy team!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days, I enjoyed the hostel, the staff was pretty friendly, specially Karen and Monica two cute peruvians girls, who kept me entretain a rainy day :), where going outside wasnt much of an option. Well, I stayed in a room of 27 soles, they have 3 types of room I recomended the one of 27 soles because it has a private bathroom that is quite nice, the hostel is about 3 blocks from where the bars are and I think is a great place to stay in arequipa.

Room Tip: there are three types of rooms, from 18 to 27 soles, I recomend you to stay in the rooms that cost 2...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Friend
Thank you very much for you Comment! this motivates us alot to inprove every day!

Greetings From all our bothy Team

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed two nights before the 3 day Colca trek. Most guests do the same and use it as a base and leave their bags here. The hostel is very clean and in a good location with helpful local staff with tourism backgrounds and a friendly Brit bartender. It's a good mix of a backpacker's hostel with a little bit of party thrown in if you want it. The bar plays loud music until about 11pm but I was in a dorm on the top floor so it didn't bother me. They also have daily events like BBQ nights to encourage guest interaction.

Showers take awhile to heat up but I never had to wait for a bathroom. Two suggestions: easy on the signs. Everywhere wall has a sign reminding you to review them on the major booking sites. Also, add some traction to the stairs. I slipped in my sandals (bad choice, I know, it was late) after one of the many rainy evenings as the common area is open air. I was sure I was going head first into the cement wall but caught myself at the last minute. However, another guest fell but had no serious injuries.

The breakfast is the standard basic triangle white bread with butter & jam and coffee/tea. Wifi was fast, towels are 4 soles, and the location is good. I'd recommend this hostel to friends. The staff of Raul, Kathy & Kyle were all great!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights, we enjoyed the hostel and Arequipa so much we extended our stay!

The staff were very friendly, they had an empty room so upgraded us for free. Always happy to help, and when the night comes if you are looking for a night out they will tell you where to go, but most of the time they will party with you, but if you are looking for a quiet time, you can relax too.

Great location, not far from the main plaza at all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Bothy Hostel is definitely a good option in Arequipa! It's located in the heart of the city, close to all attractions ( Santa Catalina Monasterio, Plaza de Armas...) and also close to many restaurants, bars, night clubs,...
The building is very nice, i love the colorful walls, the rooms are clean and big enough, there is hot shower, the bathroom are good and big.
I had a very nice time there! Raul (the owner) was really helpful for everything, and weekend nights are great at William Wallace's Bar ( the bar inside the hostel), i had so much fun! I played beer pong with Raul and some Australians guys, and if you want to sleep, the buildings is big enough so you won't hear too much music (and that's a very good point). And around midnight, if you want keep on partying, Raul is going with you to a nightclub, close to the hostel!
The roof terrasse is also very nice!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here on two separate occasions during our trip to Peru. Staff was friendly all friendly. Raul was super fun. The rooms were all adequate, although hot water was hit or miss, but where in Peru is it not.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
bothyhostels, Manager at Bothy Hostel Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we will continue to make the bothy experience better every day