“Great food & great prices!”
Review of Bella Cuba

Bella Cuba
Ranked #229 of 724 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: Cuban corner basin where you can enjoy the best and authentic food and coctelería cubana, the hope
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

Comes with strawberry juice, big bowl of chicken soup and plate with chicken, rice & beans, yucca, tomatoes & cucumber.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

We tried eating here twice and struck out both times trying to do business with Bella Cuba.

We stopped by for dinner yesterday at 17:50 and they said they were closing. They told us their hours are from 9a to 6p. I find those hours better suited to a law firm than a restaurant. I guess they cater to people that eat breakfast really late and want dinner super early? You'd have to eat dinner at 17:30 since they didn't want to serve us at 17:50.

But I wanted to try again. We went back at 9:30 this morning and the guy says he wouldn't open until 12. So why he told us he opens at 9a, I have no idea. The door was standing open as if they were open for business. They didn't seem happy to see us either time. My girlfriend and I aren't unkempt or anything. I don't know why we were seemingly unwelcome.

They also didn't have a menu for us to look at. You apparently just have whatever lunch they feel like serving you that day.

I've tried to give these people my money twice during the business hours they quoted us. I'm not trying again.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed March 18, 2017

We stopped here for lunch this week. Honestly, the $2.50 lunch special was the draw, though it is not uncommon for restaurants here.

We were given a choice of soups: we both chose chicken.
Entrees were either chicken or fish; we each chose a different entree.

The waitress brought over a berry drink and then large bowls of soup. I have to say this was the best chicken soup I have had in decades. I could have made a meal of the soup alone.

Entrees arrived with rice with beans and potatoes with onions. Passing on most of the rice since I don't care for it, I found the potatoes to be more than sufficient. The chicken was pounded thin and coated, yet tasty.

This place has been around for over a year and I hope it lasts even longer. Guests are able to write of the wall and the compliments cover two large walls.

Date of visit: March 2017
oddis alain p, Propietario at Bella Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Dear friend, we are very grateful for your opinion, we hope to have your presence back, greetings

Reviewed January 13, 2017 via mobile

We recently enjoyed almuerzo at Bella Cuba and came away very impressed.

We were served a large bowl of soup, great portion of meat, rice, and potatoes, salad and fresh squeezed juice for the typical almuerzo price. The food was delicious. The portions were great!!

Bella Cuba is certain to be one of our regular lunch spots. Keep up the good work!

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank 318marck
Reviewed December 19, 2016

I couldn't catch his name, as it sounded unusual, but he speaks English and says he brought his wife (cook) and son here 2 years ago. I loved the chicken soup (lots of vegetables and broth), the chicken entree was excellent and the fried platanos were the best. And the price was nice too: $4.50 with a large Club beer.

Date of visit: December 2016
oddis alain p, Propietario at Bella Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2016

Thank you very much for your opinion, come back whenever you want, Bella Cuba is your home