“Ceviche!”
Review of Picantes de Leo

Picantes de Leo
Ranked #228 of 728 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Seafood, Ecuadorean, Fusion
Description: There is no better place to recharge your batteries every day of the week with the flavor of the Ecuadorian coast. Here, you can find a light breakfast to one that make you feel like Popeye. Furthermore you will find a wonderful menu with entrees, appetizers and desserts with a system that strangely enough, strives for excellence in service time, because we know that time is money and hunger does not wait! Our 30 years in the market will ensure quality, price and above all the attention you deserve. Do not hesitate to visit us and taste our dishes especially created by LEO (chain owner & Cheff), with a touch and difference that motivate you to return again and again.
Reviewed July 25, 2017

This was my first time eating ceviche. I did not know what to expect, but being adventurous, I gave it a try. I had the pescado, and it was very good. I went back and had ceviche de camarón, and liked that even better. The dish was, for me, the perfect balance of lime, onion, tomato and seasoning with the large and perfectly cooked shrimp. I ate ceviche at several other places, but this version seemed the best. The proprietor was very helpful in explaining the variations. The person taking the order was patient with my limited Spanish, and the server person miraculously delivered the food - I don't know how they know who gets what, because you order at the counter, then sit anywhere you like. I was also impressed with the cleanliness and apparent care in food handling (I'm a ServSafe geek).

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed July 5, 2017

it is a restaurant that offers traditional coastal food, mostly seafood, with a big menu, the service is ok, they do not do the checkback, the portions are big enough for one person, good atmosphere, you have to order and pay at the reception, in my case, I ordered ENCEBOLLADO DE ATUN, tuna soup, I asked very hot, because in Guayaquil or another city of the coast line this dish is served hot, unfortunatelly my encebollado was almost cold, the waiters left the food on the table and never back for checkback, the beer Pilsener was served at room tempertature not cold as it most be done, and the prices are a high for qualitiy and service. I think there are many places in Cuenca city where to enjoy this kind of meal.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed February 3, 2017

After looking at menu go to counter and order/pay. The servers bring food to your table when ready. I ordered the fish dinner that was generous and tasty. Wife order fish soup and was plentiful but needed to be heated more as it came to the table luke warm. It looks like a local s favorite as a lot of locals were there watching soccer on TV. Will do again when back in area.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed January 1, 2017

This has a Mexican flare, we want there on New Year's Day, for lunch, it was very busy, lots of families. The food is very good, it is mainly a fish restaurant, but serves ribs

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2016

I stopped here for an afternoon snack. Excellent menu with many choices at very reasonable prices. I had a small fish ceviche that was out of this world. Only $3.50. Staff were extremely friendly and hard working. Loved the seating area with lots of natural light. Wonderful Venezuelan server spoke perfect English and helped me with my choice. The menu is outstanding and I would highly recommend this place for seafood lovers. Muchos Gracias!

Date of visit: September 2016