“This review might be worth much now”
Review of La Brasserie

La Brasserie
Ranked #41 of 724 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: European, French, Ecuadorean, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed February 8, 2017

We were at Hotel Forum for six nights and ate at the Brasserie a couple of times. While I have plenty of feedback for the Hotel, this restaurant was great! Of course we had the breakfast buffet every day, which was very good but the dinners were very good. It's a long narrow spot, well appointed with tasteful art but it was pretty quiet every time we were in it. I had heard the owner was trying to decide what to do with it, I guess Tapas it is?!! IMHO - he needs to word on the hotel side of business.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

We went for French food last night and found that the French restaurant had closed and reopened as a Tapas place. We decided to try some Tapas. The menu had nine different Tapas and we ordered five of which they were out of one. The ones we ordered were good to excellent. The excellent item was the Serrano ham which the waiter said was from Ecuador.Ecuador has excellent pork but we were still surprised. We each ordered a glass of wine and focaccia bread came with the Tapas which was good. Possibly they could offer another type of bread as Cuenca seems to have bakeries on every street in the Center Historico.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a delightful dinner at Brasserie tonight. The menu is enticing, with a number of soups and lovely salads to start with. My husband had a rich, creamy mushroom soup. It was authenticity French in character and wonderful. I started with a garden salad. My arugula and other mixed greens were accompanied by tiny cherry tomatoes and crispy fresh asparagus. For the main courses we chose from a nice selection of pork, chicken, beef and seafood dishes. You can even have a burger or savory crepe, should you like to. I had chicken breast with a lovely, light but. Rich mushroom sauce with rice style mash potatoes and veggies in a balsamic reduction. My husband enjoyed a chicken sandwich on an English muffin style bun with fresh fries on the side. The priced range from a few dollars for starters...to $4.00 or so for burgers and sandwiches to 13.00 15.00 for prawns. There are some lovely deserts too. The chef knows what he or she is doing, especially with the sauces and soups. Treat yourself to a nice French bistro style meal. You will be so happy you did.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed December 25, 2016

This good place for quick bite. It is well located in downtown area.
There is good selection of snacks and great coffee too.
It seems little too expensive for Cuenca.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank NayiU
Reviewed December 7, 2016

The service was warm and excellent, the food was tasty, the coffee was better than average. The restaurant was clean, cozy, and well-decorated. It is touristy but very well done and well-priced in comparison to other tourist-oriented businesses in the city.

Date of visit: December 2016