“Absolutely beautiful!”
Review of Hacienda Uzhupud

Hacienda Uzhupud
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Cuenca
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is an absolutely beautiful hacienda. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with lovely décor. The grounds could not be more beautiful. The food is excellent. Definitely the nicest hotel in Ecuador in which I have stayed. There are many nice rooms and patios to sit and relax. I could not recommend it more highly. I did not have time to use the spa, but it looked lovely.

Room Tip: I think that all the rooms in this hacienda are fantastic. Also, a van will pick you up at the airp...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Raúl J, Director de Recepción at Hacienda Uzhupud, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Rose K,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with other travelers. I am very glad to know that your expectations were surpassed and that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.

Sincerely yours,

There are newer reviews for Hacienda Uzhupud

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I wanted Linda to have a wonderful last memory of Ecuador so I booked our final night at Uzhupud. It is a gorgeous five star resort 45 minutes outside Cuenca. We spent our last two days in Ecuador lounging by the pool being catered to by the attentive staff. The facilities and grounds of the hacienda will knock your eyes out. it was a great finish to our trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Raúl J, Director de Recepción at Hacienda Uzhupud, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Guest.,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor! We are truly happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and all activities.

We hope to have news from you if you come back to Cuenca, Hacienda Uzhupud.

Yours sincerely,

Front office Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed at Hacienda Uzhupud for 3 days/2 nights. It was a great experience! The hotel is very well maintained, the staff is nice and helpful, the manager really cares about the property and service. Everything was working well :o) There is a lot of things to do for kids, they were enjoying horse riding, paddling boat, playground, picking up the eggs for breakfast, interacting with animals and of course the warm pool and jacuzzi. And I enjoyed a lot my relaxing massage :o). Very recommendable place!

Room Tip: Premium and superior rooms are at the main building where the reception, restaurants and pool are, s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DoroWitch
Raúl J, Leiter Front Office at Hacienda Uzhupud, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at Uzhupud with other travelers. I am very glad to know that your experience were surpassed with our services and that enjoyed the service provided by our staff.

Gerente de Habitaciones

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I had learned of Uzhupud while still living in the US, and now living nearby in Cuenca, decided to go there for our anniversary. Our experience was even more special than we imagined. An elegant hacienda from times past, Uzhupud was first-rate in service and amenities. We had a lovely room with private balcony overlooking the grounds and an amazing view of the mountains across the valley. Whether enjoying a glass of champagne out on the terrace, walking the path around the ponds and horse pasture, or taking a hot tub, we were surrounded by beautiful flowers, architecture, and antiques. Breakfast and dinner were delicious, and all the staff, without exception, were friendly and attentive. Loved sitting by the fire each night. We were impressed that, even off-season, service was excellent. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RoznKen
Raúl J, Director de Recepción at Hacienda Uzhupud, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at Uzhupud with other travelers. I am very glad to know that your experience were surpassed with our services and that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights with my family during the Carnival festivities. We drove from Guayaquil, where I live, and the roads in Ecuador nowadays are outstanding, so we had a pleasant trip.

I had been in Uzhupud at least 10 years ago, and the place was a disaster. I'm glad and fond to say, that today is a BEAUTIFUL boutique hacienda hotel. Ran by people who is proud to serve and cater to the most small detail, the GM and all his staff where everyday with a genuine smile and you could see the joy the have to work here, all my kids ages 10, 8 and 3 even call the GM Uncle....because he was so genuinely nice, especially with my daughter (7) and the youngest (3) who kept getting in his office to chat with him all the time...!

The rooms are big, well appointed, good bedding, and beautiful bathrooms. On Sunday we attended to Mass on the premises (I'm Roman Catholic), they have a small Chapel, where a Priest from Cuenca gives Mass on Sundays, they have activities for kids, a small farm, heated pool and a Jacuzzi, horse riding, and also a Small but well equipped Convention Center, for business meetings.

The only thing I would suggest is to have a bit more of variety on the buffet breakfast, other than that, this place is great to relax and enjoy, genuine Ecuadorian hospitality and cuisine at its best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the main building where the front desk is located, so you won't have to walk t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jose S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at Uzhupud with other travelers. I am very glad to know that your experience were surpassed with our services.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here a few weeks ago. We absolutely loved the scenery of the grounds, buildings, and local area. The service was impeccable, and breakfast was delicious each day. We were especially impressed with the abundance of flowers throughout the facility, both in the gardens outside and in the vases all around the grounds. The staff was helpful with transportation (which was a free transfer from Cuenca), helpful with taxis, with laundry, and even with mosquito spray each day for the room (although we never saw even one mosquito while we were there). We definitely recommend this place to anyone that wants a beautiful environment to relax in. Or if you like, swim, play ping pong, volleyball, take a walk, ride the horses, or take a boat ride. This was by far the nicest place we stayed while in Ecuador.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank YorkHavenDave

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at Uzhupud with other travelers. I am very glad to know that your experience were surpassed with all our services

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Our family spent a few days at Hacienda Uzhupud at the end of December. The property is very beautiful, with a great pool and grounds. The rooms were spacious, clean and well-appointed. We had adjoining rooms with our kids - which worked out great. Both rooms were quite large, and the kids' room had a great view over a beautiful garden.

The food was really excellent. The breakfast buffet was fresh and had a good variety of options for every taste (including hot chocolate for the kids). The restaurant is very attractive, and has a variety of excellent choices.

Finally, the staff are outstanding - friendly and willing to help.

We would love to return on our next trip to the region.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Silvy20
Raúl J, Director de Recepción at Hacienda Uzhupud, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Sylvi20:

We are happy to have been able to enjoy and learn Uzhupud. We invite you to their next vacation come back with your family and friends.