El Dorado Hotel
Cuenca Hotel(Cuenca)
Hotel Atenas(Cuenca)
Forum Hotel(Cuenca)
View Hotel
All reviewsbusiness hotelexcellent hotelrooms are cleanvisit cuencaold towncathedral
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We loved Cuenca and this hotel is in a good location just a short walk away from the main historical centre. The hotel itself is a bit lacking in character however the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Food service was a little haphazard however the cuisine was extremely good. Young manager is very hands-on and customer focused so expect standards to continue to improve.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheWilkosUK
hdorado, Gerente at El Dorado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear TheWilkosUK,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel with other travelers.

I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed the strategic location of our hotel and the quality of our rooms and cousine. Our entire staff is extremely guest oriented and our daily mission is to meet or exceed our guest expectations, we will certainly keep improving our products and services continually, it is our promise.

Thank you again and hope to have you back in Cuenca in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I would highly recommend this as a place to stay if you have never been to Cuenca before..The rooms were clean and very tidy. Staff above normal. Price was great although other places were cheaper. They provide English speaking staff ,very curtiouis, The breakfast at no charge was second to none all I can say was I was greatly impressed. provided security I don't know if it was needed,but it was there 24 /7 Safe's are provided in rooms Price range around $80.00 single

Room Tip: It was a good choice of any room and it was $2.50 from the airport.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Royrs

Dear Royrs,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your experience with us and specially for recommending our hotel as that first choice to stay in Cuenca.

I am so pleased to know that our rooms, breakfast and the service provided by our staff was up to your expectations, I will immediately let them know about this. For all of us it is a pleasure and we love what we do.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you very soon in Cuenca, please remember, this hotel will always be your home away from home.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

First of all, manage your expectations, and this is hotel will be an "average" experience for you. It's not a business hotel in a major city, so the Internet connection is OK. Nothing special.

The hotel is old, but it's been recently updated. The rooms were very clean, and I think the bed was probably the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel. I don't know what it was about it, but the bed was the best thing about my stay. The location in the heart of Cuenca is excellent, too.

The quality of the breakfast and service was mediocre at best.

If you plan to be in Cuenca, try to stay in one of the old, historic houses which have been converted into hotels. There seems to be at least one on every block and in every price range. It just seems to be the right thing to do if you're going to be a tourist in Cuenca, Ecuador.

Room Tip: The rooms which end in 14 are suites and the largest on each floor, but they face the street. There is one room which faces away from the street. If I'm not mistaken, it ends in 12. If available, that may be a quiet option.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear alanisinecuador,

Thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers.

I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our location and the beds in our rooms, the reason is that all our rooms have been equipped with luxury pillow top memory foam mattresses that provide our guests with an incredible level of comfort.

In deed the hotel was built in the 1980´s but we underwent a major renovation in 2006, I am sorry to know that you had an average experience with us since our mission is to meet and exceed our guest expectations, I will certainly address your comments regarding the quality and the service during breakfast with our restaurant Captain and our Chef.

Once again, thank you for your comments and if you visit Cuenca again, please let me know so that I can improve the experience that you had with us.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed two nights on a business trip. My favorite thing was my pillow and bed, really comfy.
Breakfast was really good, specially the little croissants, yummy!!!.
The location is really good, it's in the middle of the old Cuenca.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MarielaVV
hdorado, Gerente at El Dorado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear MarielaVV,

Thank you for posting your experiences at El Dorado Hotel and sharing them with other travelers.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the comfort of our premium new pillows and mattresses, we just implemented them a couple of months ago in all our rooms to provide a more pleasant sleep to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your comments and please remember that El Dorado Hotel is your home in Cuenca.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Definitely, I recommend this property while in Cuenca. It is perfectly located just in the center of the downtown, so you would not miss any of Cuenca´s historical spots by walking distances. You will have also a wide range of restaurants within the surrounding area, but food at their Goda restaurant is great. You will start the day with a nice breakfast buffet that is a clever combination of American and Ecuadorian style. They run another restaurant named Fogo Grill & Bar, which is located far from the hotel, but worthy to visit if you want to change the ambiance, get a wonderful view from one of the hills in Cuenca, and to enjoy a very good selection of grilled dishes and drinks.

Their staffs are more than welcoming and friendly, and rooms are comfy and clean, although I´m a truly lover of their Presidential Suite, and if not available, the Junior Suite at the last floor. The hotel has a small and cute GYM and SPA besides the Presidential room.

Thanks to be given to Liliana Pinos, a lovely Sales manager who always strives her efforts to grant my queries, KUDOS to these people!!!

Although you do not have swimming pool, I´m rating you excellent to not affect your qualification, so my apologies in advance to the readers.

Room Tip: "get the Junior Suite at the highest floor, the room and the view are fantastic"
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
15  Thank idrovoviva

Dear idrovoviva,

On behalf of the entire team of El Dorado Hotel, I would like to thank you very much for sharing your comments about us with travelers from all around de world.

I am so delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to eat at Fogo Grill & Bar as well, it is exiting for all of us to know that our guests are having a great time while staying at El Dorado Hotel.

Your comment will be immediately shared with all our associates and I will especially congratulate Mrs. Pinos for her outstanding service.

Please remember that this hotel will always be your home in Cuenca and we will be honored to have you back.