Hotel Boutique Santa Lucia
$88
$74
Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca(Cuenca)
$155
$78
$39
Forum Hotel(Cuenca)
$61
  • Breakfast included
Casa de las Rosas(Cuenca)(Great Value!)
$29
$25
Hotel Victoria(Cuenca)
$85
$71
Casa San Rafael(Cuenca)(Great Value!)
$33
$31
Casa Ordonez(Cuenca)
$45
Hotel Los Balcones(Cuenca)
$72
Cancelon
$216
All reviewsbeautiful hotelcentral courtyardno natural lightroom safeold townbeautiful loungegalapagos islandsmain restaurantno elevatorcourtyard restaurantexcellent locationdelicious dinnerthird floorcar alarmsa lovely staystreet sidean italian restaurant
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Dont take Aerogal to fly here from Quito. You can not depend on their schedule. The plane left 2 hours later at night in Quito and earlier from Cuenca in the morning. Instead at 10:30 at 8:00

Santa Cecilia is in an "old" building of 3 or 4 floors, depending how you count them the American or European way. It looks very nice from the outside with flags and flowers on the front. I had reserved an upper floor room but could not claim the stairs therefore was given a room which had the window looking out into the Patio or " Formal " dining room. You could also eat at a room fronting the street. I can not judge how other rooms were but mine was not worth the price I paid nor did they offer me a reduction in price. As I said the Hotel has a center patio which is all Restaurant on the ground floor and the rooms are around on the upper floors.
Most " Hotels " in old towns and cities come in this type of setup they are interesting to a certain extend but offer a limit of comfort. If you have to pay $ 80,- for a room I rather go to a modern Hotel which cost the same and get an elevator, heather, a window to the street etc.

There is not much choice of eating in Cuenca. did not see any decent restaurant. For lunch you can eat in places the people go to a very simple meal of a little rice, little vegetables and little meat for 2-3 Dollars. I had the luck to know somebody who drove me around and up on a hill with a view.
All together, if you are not much interested in churches which there are around 20 or in old houses, all houses are old what else is there in Cuenca ??? Nothing !!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank erniep747
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Nice old hotel, loads of character, friendly staff and great location. Clean large rooms around a central courtyard. Very comfy beds, memory foam mattress if you like that sort of thing. Nice breakfast and computer to use if needed. Had great meal at Cafe Eucalyptus. Safe and interesting city to wander around. Good choice for Cuenca.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
CornelioV, General Manager at Hotel Boutique Santa Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Guest

Thanks for your comment, we are really happy to know that you enjoyed you stay with us. This kind of reviews encourage us to keep becoming better and doing our job with passion. We hope to have you here again soon, and remember that this ir your home in Cuenca.

Best Regards;

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had a spacious, comfortable room. Great bathroom. Good location. The hotel was renovating their courtyard and were apologetic about the construction (which caused no disruption during our stay). They graciously offered a box of fine Cuenca chocolates. (Check out the chocolatinos store in Cuenca)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

We highly appreciate your review, we would like to thank your patience for the problem that we were having the past two weeks, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the chocolates from Chocolatino. We hope to have you here again.

Best regards;

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Hotel Santa Lucia has an excellent location in Cuenca, responsive staff and two excellent restaurants. One night we had the Ecuadorian menu, the second the Italian menu. Both were quite good and reasonably priced. Hotel staff was helpful and considerate. We asked about a city guide, and one of the staff responded and gave us a great tour at a price considerably below that of companies such as Metropolitan Touring. The Santa Lucia bar has a long Happy Hour and can provide an excellent caipirhina.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

We are really happy to hear form you, comments like this motivate us to work harder in order to achieve goals. We hope to have you here again soon and enjoy our caipirhina's!

Best regards;

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed 5 nights in this beautiful hotel and would stay here again! Everyone at the hotel was very friendly, helpful and always greeted me with a smile. My corner room had a king size bed with wonderful crisp clean sheets with many pillows. The bathroom is spacious, always very clean and had proper lighting. I also enjoyed the exotic soaps and shampoo they provided. A great guy to know at the front desk is Jose Morocho. Jose speaks very good English and helped me with a lot of arrangements while I was in Cuenca. I'll share his email with you. jmorochosantos@gmail.com or welcometocuenca@hotmail.com. The Hotel is centrally located in the Historical section and a wonderful home to return to after a day of seeing beautiful Ecuador.

Room Tip: I had a corner room away from the street on the 2nd floor. I enjoyed walking to my room while looking down at the beautiful restaurant below. Beautiful solid wood and craftsmanship fill this property. Please enjoy the interior beauty of the Santa Lucia.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Smarsaltlakecity

Dear Guest;

We highly appreciate you comment, we are really happy to know that Jose help you and our service full your expectations. Thanks again and we hope to have you here soon.

Best Regards;