“Meh”
Review of Monte Bianco

Monte Bianco
Ranked #5 of 18 Dessert in Cuenca
Reviewed December 24, 2018 via mobile

I guess it’s ok if there’s no other ice cream place around. Don’t expect any gourmet ice cream or fine desserts, it’s a mid to low range dessert spot

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed May 30, 2018

The huge open door area just shouts out "Come on in!" There is barely a time when we pass by that we don't stop in. Often we get goodies to go to have with our evening tea.

We have tried just about every dessert they offer and we have some favorite, though all of them are wonderful. The tres leches is our number one choice. We really like their cheesecakes even if they are much lighter than a NY cheesecake. They are airy, but packed with flavor.

The coffees are served hot and perfect. We love this place.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

The ice cream are ok, the size are minimal compared to other places around. But, the service in this place is the worst. One of the ladies that work there broke my cone while passing me the ice cream, this felt in her hand and instead of replacing it she put it in a cup. I asked her if I can get a new one and she told me that wasn't possible.
Horrible experience for an ice cream that cost less than 2$

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed November 28, 2016

If I were to leave a positive review for an Ecuadorian ice cream shop, it would have to exceed the standard commonly found here: light on flavor, lighter on goodies and swirls, and heavy on the sugar. Monte Blanco meets those standards but that's about it. The sitting area looked nice enough, the servers were friendly, and the price is fair, but it's not a place I'd go out of my way for.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 22, 2016 via mobile

I'm rating one star based on a scoop of ice cream. It was so small it took me 20 seconds with microscopic spoon to finish it. Besides the laughably small portion for $1.20, I'm an avid mint chocolate chip guy and this was poor to say the least. Slight mint flavor without any fragrance and no appreciable chips of chocolate. It had a decently creamy texture but that's about all I can say good. Sorry, no other suggestions for ice cream except Tutto Freddo's because that's the only other ice cream joint I've been at in Cuenca and can remember the name. There are several other larger ice cream joints around and I'd recommend them over this place for a scoop of happy any time.

Date of visit: November 2016