“Best coffee in Cuenca”

Cafe De Nucallacta
Ranked #11 of 724 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Ecuadorean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Cuenca's artisan coffee roaster. We roast small batches of premium Ecuadorian coffee, we also serve freshly brewed coffee and espresso-based drinks, both hot and cold. Try our coffee and other drinks with our breakfast or lunch menu.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent coffee in a town with surprisingly few 3rd gen coffee shops. We soon became regulars during our short stay in Cuenca. Do not miss the new location at the base of the mosaic steps next to the river below plaza San Sebastián. The coffee is just as good, the location excellent with some outdoor seating and all your favourite menu items too.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 1, 2019

I went to this café a couple of times during a recent visit, in particular because I was aware that they have alternative dairy products. Both times I was not disappointed in either the Americano or the Latte with almond milk. They also serve a number of vegan desserts that are quite delicious.

There was only one server when I was there both times and she was working really hard to get to everyone as quickly as possible. If you are in a hurry, this is not the café for you. They provide good service and with a positive attitude.

This is a well set up coffee shop with plenty of space on a patio or inside. There were many people working on their laptops during both visits. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 28, 2019

I come here often -- the food is very good, the staff is amazing, and the atmosphere is welcoming and lovely.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

I was very pleased with the coffee and snacks offered. I loved the people I met there also. Close to my hotel - it was very convenient.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

Hands down the best tasting coffee in cuenca, which was perfect for washing down the best blueberry pie we had ever eaten. The filling was not too sweet and the pie was thick and high. Back to the coffee - simply the best. If you are a coffee snob, this is your cafe.