“A tiny gem”

Cafe de Nucallacta
Ranked #11 of 512 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cuenca's artisan coffee roaster. We roast small batches of premium Ecuadorian coffee, we also serve freshly brewed coffee and espresso-based drinks, both hot and cold. Try our coffee and other drinks with our breakfast or lunch menu.
london
“A tiny gem”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just three tables. But delicious coffee burr ground and then served as you like it by charming young staff. I love the school poster look of the maps showing the correlation between coffee flavours and altitude that adorns the white walls. I have gone here every day. I prefer the stronger roast of the two they have. Please could I pack this place away and turn it into a trendy pop up cafe in Spitalfields? I could retire. Coffee less than a dollar a cup yet still the soulless gringos cluster at Coffee Bean.... Mad!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jsb1588

Concord, New Hampshire
“Coffee”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Best coffee in Cuenca, and best in Ecuador. I am currently back in the states and undergoing withdrawal, since I drank Rumi's coffee steadily for 2 months. You spoiled me Rumi,--best coffee ever!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Betonabike
Cuenca, Ecuador
“A Fine, Fine Coffee”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The coffee at Cafe de Nucallacta is the best we've found in Cuenca. It is freshly ground and has a rich full flavor. We mix the medium and dark roasts to create the flavor and body we like and it is exactly what we want in our cup of coffee. You really need to do yourself a favor and pick up a bag from Rumi and Melissa. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank wedfd924
springfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best coffee in Cuenca”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I only eat organic food so it makes sense to only drink organic coffee. Just as we require our organic food to taste good so it is with our coffee. Cafe de Nucallacta provides us with great tasting coffee with none of the chemicals or pesticides that come with non organic brews.

Rumi, Melissa and Franklin brighten up the cafe and enhance the experience. They are always upbeat, friendly and a joy to around. If you are Spanish challenged as am I, the good news is that they all can converse in English as well. Their food is not only delicious, but Franklin's epicurean background is aptly displayed in the presentation of it as well.

Rumi's motto is " Expect more from your coffee." and Nucallacta delivers on this mantra. If you are looking for the best coffee in Cuenca look no further than Cafe de Nucallacta.

• Visited July 2013