“THEY GOT THE FLAVORS RIGHT!”
Review of La Joya Thai - CLOSED

La Joya Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Medellin, Colombia
“THEY GOT THE FLAVORS RIGHT!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Often when you have ethnic food in a city that does not have many Thai restaurants, the dishes on the menu sound good, but when you taste them, they did not get it right.

These folks are quite amazing because they came from New York City and were accomplished Animators in the Motion Picture Industry.
Don't know where they learned to cook, but my home town has about 300 Thai restaurants and we are very particular about this food.
The curries are great, we had fish curry on Friday which we were not expecting it to be as good as the chicken curry. It was DELICIOUS! The pad thai is yummy as is the coconut curry soup. The salad dressing is perfect. Try everything on the menu.
Ask to have your name put on their e mail list since they will e mail you their daily lunch specials for the week which includes a nice soup, entree, desert and drink for around 6 dollars. .
It is yummy!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank casaecuador

Cuenca, Ecuador
“Finally somewhere for some Thai food in Cuenca!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I couldn't contain my excitement when I was told there was finally somewhere for some decent Thai food in Cuenca. While the menu doesn't have the most extensive selection, their Pad Thai and Tom Kha Gai are filled with flavours that remind me of other times. Their mojitos are also delicious!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank placera
Cuenca, Ecuador
“We had a nice lunch here”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The restaurant had just recently opened. Our food was excellent and the ambience is pleasant, with a bright interior courtyard. Price was good for lunch.

Visited May 2013
Cuenca, Ecuador
“La Joya Thai - Dawes family - 06-12-13”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We arguably ate here very early at 6pm. We had the whole place to ourselves. Excellent facility, music, service, food and drinks. We are surprised why La Joya Thai does not have more business. We did notice that La Joya Thai was doing a very good take out business while we were there. My daughter loved this place and food so much, she wants to go back before we leave Cuenca for Calif. We will be a returning customer. Great place!!!

• Visited June 2013
Santa Barbara, California, United States
“Slow service, limited menu, over priced for Ecuador”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went to La Joya Thai during normal lunch hours. There were 2 tables (out of roughly 10) that were occupied. Obviously the staff was not overwhelmed by the number of people dining in the restaurant. As many other reviewers have noted, the food took forever to arrive. After waiting for about 45 minutes, my order of green curry finally arrived. What I received was a small bowl of curry chicken and a small bowl of rice for $7.95. Although the flavor was decent (I have dined many times in different Thai restaurants), it was not worth the wait. The dish was typical and nothing stood out about it. For $7.95, I expected much larger portions.... I would have received double the amount of food (for an a la carte lunch...which was what this was) in a regular Thai restaurant in the US. I will not be returning the next time I am in Cuenca.

• Visited June 2013