“Best Waffles in town!!”

Ranked #1 of 18 Dessert in Cuenca
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: You can enjoy an relaxing environment in a great beautiull garden of a very great historical house, where you are gonna get a huge relax feeling and freedom, and view in front to Tomebamba River. We have a terrace in which you can seat and enjoy the most delicious flavor of waffle of belgium, as original as posible, cause is made by an belgium guy named Jan. As well you can taste the toast with and really good sauce of meat. We are located in the Barranco a very turistical place of Cuenca City, close to the center as we said beside the Tomebamba River, come a visit us the best dessert in Cuenca.
Reviewed May 1, 2018

I stepped in just for a hot cup of coffee and to get out of the rain. Wow was I surprised!!! I caught sight of a waffle completo and couldn't resist ordering it. I overheard how awesome the salchicha polaca is and couldn't resist ordering that too. The prices were so reasonable, why not? Turns out the waffle was the best I ever had. Light, crunchy with crispy edges and mildly sweetened by a little powdered sugar and natural fruit. The polish sausage just topped it off. Well two days later I was back. I had to do the breakfast again, american style. Waffle with fried egg and sausage on top. Amazing!! This time I took a pound of the polish home made sausage to go. My wife and I couldn't be happier. The waffles are authentically Belgium and the sausage is uniquely hand made. I can't say enough about the owner and the family running the business. Great conversations. So to sum it up...good food, good prices, good ambiance and good people.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank Rob L

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

This place is surprisingly amazing. The waffles are perfect everytime and the service is friendly and efficient. The location couldnt be better if you are walking along the river or are checking out Parque de la Madre, or the stairs that lead from Calle Larga/Hermano Miguel down to the the river. Try the waffle with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup. Prices are reasonable. Great for kids too. Cannot say enough good things about this place.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank guayatravel
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

We went there in the morning. Fast service and good prices. The environment is very nice and the staff is great, kind and friendly. The waffles are delicious and fresh. I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank 194mar_abel_ng
Reviewed October 8, 2017

Tough the Belgian guy who started the place returned to Bruges, the new owner and his family are keeping up with the good job. The waffle with a dark fruity dressing was absolutely delicious, and , - take it from a real Belgian, - made according to the art.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank MarceldeBuenosAires
amberkes13, Owner at Waffles de Belgica, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

thanks for your review my dear friend
nice to hear the new manager makes a good job
everyone is doing there best im sure of that

Reviewed September 4, 2017

Yipppeee! Now I can munch on delicately baked Belgium waffles even closer to my home in El Centro. They're now situated within the courtyard next to the CIDAP museum, along the river on 3 de Noviembre just west of the escalera at the base of Calle Hermano Miguel.

Presently their opening hours are Thursday - Sunday 10 am to 5:30 pm.

Yesterday I had a most deeeelish waffle (still warm!) topped with a scoop of chocolate ice cream (just $2) - YUMMMM!

Date of visit: September 2017