“Amazing spanish food in the hearth of Cuenca”

La Tasca de Los Hermanos en Ruta
Ranked #87 of 729 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed September 1, 2016

The place is run by a family, the kids are serving the tables and their parents at the kitchen.
The food was delicious, I tried the spanish tortilla of course, some Croquetas, their amazing octopus, and one of their big sandwiches (I went there several times).

Everything was delicious, their music selection (mainly spanish flamenco and indie artists as they told me) was really good and at the perfect volume, and the kids were really friendly and kind with me.

I will recommend to all my friends going to cuenca, don't miss this little place

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed March 10, 2016

This place has great lunch specials, we had a tapas lunch: meatballs in sauce, tortilla, grilled veggies/potatoes. It came with house juice, frutilla in our case. All very tasty, owner really friendly and at the right price.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed August 8, 2015

The place is a nice little tavern, but unfortunately a very poor example of Spanish cuisine. May be better for night-time drinks with friends, as in beer and snacks, but definitely not a good option for an actual meal.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed June 24, 2015

An incredibly complete menu for a small Cuenca establishment. If you're looking for something different, with real Spanish gusto, eat here. Family owned and operated. Two brothers are the bartenders/servers and their mother cooks really well.

I'm extremely saddened to see the family is selling the restaurant to move back to Spain. I'll miss this place. :'(

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed June 18, 2015 via mobile

We ate here based on the good reviews but were extremely disappointed by the food we were served. Maybe we were unlucky with our visit but the octopus was overcooked and rubbery, the meatballs had a bad, off putting sauce and generally the food was bland and lacking in flavour. Not a good tapas experience.

Date of visit: June 2015