“Upscale seafood restaurant”

Red Crab
Ranked #98 of 545 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Seafood, Ecuadorean
Reviewed January 9, 2014

For our last night in Cuenca, we went to the Red Crab with 2 other couples. This is a very nicely appointed restaurant with excellent service. The menu is extensive, and everyone raved about his/her dish. I had shrimp ceviche, which was just outstanding, followed by seafood lasagna. We had several bottles of wine which increased our tab a bit. The restaurant is a bit pricey for Cuenca, but definitely worth it.

I would definitely recommend for the outstanding seafood and ambience.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Been here a few times but just can't get excited about it. Lovely dining room. Service is fine. Seems overpriced.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Ate at this restaurant last night with another couple. Restaurant is upscale and very clean. Our meals were exceptional. Menu is quite extensive and wine was excellent. We were all very impressed and will return. Personally, this was the best meal I have eaten in Cuenca! If you are looking for cheap restaurant, this is not the place to come. That being said, if you are looking for quality, exceptional service, tastefully decorated restaurant with fair prices.......you can't go wrong at the Red Crab.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We decided to step it up in celebration of my 60th birthday and my daughter's 23rd (same day), so we went here. The atmosphere and staff are nice enough, but when will I ever learn that you do not need to pay $80 for 4 for dinner in Cuenca to have fun, I can think of several places that would have been better at half the price easily with equally nice, if not more relaxed, atmosphere La Viña Pizzeria is one. I think the most disappointing thing is that given the amount spent, the food just was not that good. (well I lived in Boston for 10 years so the likes of Legal and others weigh heavily), but never the less, I would simply not go back.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

It wasn't the best sea food I've tried. There are other places in Cuenca that prepare better sea food.