“Average food, Small Portions, Inept Staff”
Review of La Riera Restaurant - CLOSED

La Riera Restaurant
Cuisines: Ecuadorean, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have now been here 3 times -- twice for club meetings and once with my wife. I wanted to wait this long to see if the service was a fluke. Nope. The waiters (one man and one woman) are completely inept. They make a beeline to the person being served and then return to the safety of the bar without looking around, even though hands are flying up to get attention all around the room. In the end, I had to go to the bar to place my order, and point out the many others that also wanted to order around the room.

The food that arrived was average quality at best, and the portions were surprisingly small. The glass of wine was at least 30% smaller than a normal 'restaurant pour.'

Overall, I will continue with the club meetings, but won't go here for a meal otherwise...

1  Thank MindStorm00
There are newer reviews for La Riera Restaurant

Reviewed May 23, 2013

congratulations ... saturaste as we reached a very few on our tour with a very colorful exquisite food we tried several dishes all very good and very large a must if you arrive in Cuenca Ecuador ...

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

An excellent variety of food as our party of 8 was new to this restaurant we all tried something different and every one was pleased. We came in close to closing on a Friday evening and the owner a staff did not rush us. The kitchen was a bit slow but that gave us plenty of time to relax and socialize.

1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have eaten lunch twice and both visits were positive. Had the lunch special both times, chicken was good and tender. My wife ordered the childrens portion of chicken strips and she had more food than my lunch special. Many choices pasta, wraps, mexican, steak, chicken, salads and more. Service was good. Sit upstairs for good views of Cuenca and Turi.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We recently had dinner at this new, little restaurant on Calle Larga and Vargas Machuca and were not disappointed. The pasta with camerones and pancetta was excellent as was the veal dish had by one of the members of our party. The salads were fresh and plentiful and the brownie was the best we have tasted in Cuenca. The owner was gracious and the service was efficient and professional. We definitely will be returning to try additional dishes.