“Gracious Host & Great Food”

Don Colon Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 524 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Gulfport, Florida
“Gracious Host & Great Food”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When you meet "Don Colon" for the first time he feels like a longtime friend, and it starts off your visit on the right foot. The dining area is very nice, plus there's a bar & a comfortable seating area with sofa, stuffed chairs, etc. if you're waiting for friends to arrive. Decent selection of menu items, but talk to Don & he'll tell you what's freshest. We tried the grilled fish & also the beef tenderloin...both were excellent. Prices are fair, service above average, we will return.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Cuencathom

• Korean first
Mesa, Arizona
“Sorry I can only give 5 stars to Don Colon's”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Dinner is out of this world for sure, but if you miss his lunch specials you are cheating yourself out a treat. Always delicious and the service is way beyond great. Don is a great host to boot. If you don't try Don's you are missing out on a great dinning experience. I have two dates there for Thanksgiving as time constraints make it impossible to make it into one occasion.
The prices are reasonable for sure, there is just no reason not to stop in.

1 Thank phil85207
Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best corvina in Cuenca”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently visited Don Colon on a Sunday evening, when few restaurants are open. What a treat. We were a party of four, each ordering different dishes, and each of us had a superb meal. Colon Campos, the owner and chef, made us feel very welcome, as though we were old friends. Do try the corvina, it is the best I have tasted in Cuenca. And the crepes are to die for. I will be a regular customer in this beautiful restaurant.

Sunnyvale, California
“Amazing food and sevice”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Colon Campos, the owner and chef, creates an amazing atmosphere. Treating everyone that enters as an old friend, he does his best to make sure every meal is superb. Whether you are going for breakfast, lunch, or dinner the food will be great. Don't miss the Crepes for dessert. I know I'll be stopping by every time I'm in Cuenca!

Austin Texas
“Colon is a hoot”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I am staying at the hotel Colonel so eating here is normal.
I enjoy the food and the chef has a lot of experiences and girlfriends
Ed