“Great find”

Ranked #68 of 558 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Ecuadorean, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: GODA, is a fusion of various elements that make our restaurant & bar a unique and different place. The evolution and perfection of our space and each one of our plates along 30 years have mixed with the exquisite Asian culture giving as a result a perfect harmony between flavors and sensations. In our restaurant the presence of wood, stone, water and glass represent a philosophy of equilibrium in nature, the same is used in our dishes, combined with a high standard of service pretends apart from offering an excellent food, a different experience.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Goda was recommended by our hotel, but initially we thought it looked pricey. Wandered in late one evening a few days later and were very pleasantly surprised. Two entrees with very fresh salad and rice, 2 beers, 2 bottles of water came to $30 including tax, tip. My chicken cordon blue was terrific, my husband's filet was tasty but chewy. Modern, elegant ambiance and great service

hdorado, Gerente at Goda Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear AnnieBax,

On behalf of the entire team at Goda Restaurant & Bar and El Dorado Hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us with other travelers from around the world.

I am glad to know that you found our restaurant as a “great find” and that you enjoyed the food, the service provided by our great staff and the ambiance.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

In 2010, we stayed at the El Dorado and enjoyed almost every item on their menu during our visit. On Valentine's Day, we found ourselves looking for a restaurant providing reasonably fast service (i.e., not McDonald's) and good food. We remembered our pleasant experience and returned to the restaurant on Gran Columbia. The waiters and waitresses remembered us and welcomed us warmly; then took turns attending us at the table, exchanging greetings for food. The hamburger (Hamburgesa Goda) is quite the delicacy. Not only is it presented on a giant sesame seed bun, it has its own special sauce, lettuce, tomato, (ketchup and mustard are served on the side), fried eggs, pineapple and not sure if I forgot something. It is exquisite and really filling. We asked for the Goda Passion for dessert, but didn't realize you should order that when you begin your meal because it takes a while for it to be prepared and cooked. You may choose a table near the window to watch Cuenca walk or drive by while you eat. Sometimes the passersby will wave at you, wish you "Provecho" - sort of like "have a good meal" or "enjoy your food".

hdorado, Gerente at Goda Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Karen K,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Goda Restaurant & Bar with other travelers around the world.

It is so gratifying for us to know that you chose to have a wonderful meal on Valantine´s day with us based on your previous experiences at El Dorado Hotel, that is exactly what we strive every day, making long term relationships with our guests based on the quality of our products and services.

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed the exceptional service provided by our staff and specially that you found our signature Goda´s Burger as a delicacy, I will pass your comments to our restaurant and kitchen staff.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments and for spending that special night with us, we hope to see you really soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am amazed sometimes by the listings on Trip Advisor. This place is not a deli but a really fine restaurant. This restaurant is EXCELLENT even by USA standards. Modern, clean, nice chairs and tables, quiet atmosphere, well lit, excellent menu with many choices. I had the Churrasco Cuencano it was properly cooked (3/4) and good quality meat, I recommend this dish. My associate had the Pork Loin (chancho Ecuadorian name) and said it was the best he ever had. For bread they bring you out a bowl with a "bruschetta mix" and pita style bread for you to put on it as much as you want, it was delicious. My associate does not like tomato and he ate it and liked it. For dessert my associate had the "lemon pie", I tried it and it was good but not Florida Key Lime Pie good. I had the "crème brule", what a surprise in Ecuador, it was EXCELLENT, better than any I have had in USA (not as good as some in France) but Really Good, my associate agreed. I have to say as unimpressed as I am at Cuenca as a city, I was really impressed by the GODA. It is a really fine restaurant that could compete ANYWHERE ! Our service was excellent our servers name was "Beatriz". If I come back to Cuenca I will eat every night at GODA.

hdorado, Gerente at Goda Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear CaptainKuddles,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at Goda with other travelers around the world.

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed our food and specially the service provided by our staff, I will immediately share your comments with them and with Betty.

Please remember that Goda and all of us will be pleased to have you back.

GERENTE GENERAL
EL DORADO HOTEL

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had a great lunch here with my wife recently and was very pleasantly surprised. In addition to a celebratory cocktail and a good glass of wine for a local merchant victory, the food was just great. The restaurant itself is modern and bland, large and impersonal on two levels... it is hotel based and caters to tour groups. Despite these drawbacks, the kitchen and serving staff rise to the occasion and make the dining experience for non-group diners quite nice! Can easily recommend Goda... aware that there are less expensive alternatives.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here tice in the past ten days and the food here and service has been great. Simply prepared, reasonably priced fresh fish and side dishes with friendly staff and decent wines by the glass make this a go to place for dinner - especially on Sundays when most places in the central city are closed or Italian/heavy types of food.

2  Thank carmen c