“This NOT a Deli but a FINE Restaurant”

Goda Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #64 of 565 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Ecuadorean, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: GODA, is a fusion of various elements that make our restaurant & bar a unique and different place. The evolution and perfection of our space and each one of our plates along 30 years have mixed with the exquisite Asian culture giving as a result a perfect harmony between flavors and sensations. In our restaurant the presence of wood, stone, water and glass represent a philosophy of equilibrium in nature, the same is used in our dishes, combined with a high standard of service pretends apart from offering an excellent food, a different experience.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am amazed sometimes by the listings on Trip Advisor. This place is not a deli but a really fine restaurant. This restaurant is EXCELLENT even by USA standards. Modern, clean, nice chairs and tables, quiet atmosphere, well lit, excellent menu with many choices. I had the Churrasco Cuencano it was properly cooked (3/4) and good quality meat, I recommend this dish. My associate had the Pork Loin (chancho Ecuadorian name) and said it was the best he ever had. For bread they bring you out a bowl with a "bruschetta mix" and pita style bread for you to put on it as much as you want, it was delicious. My associate does not like tomato and he ate it and liked it. For dessert my associate had the "lemon pie", I tried it and it was good but not Florida Key Lime Pie good. I had the "crème brule", what a surprise in Ecuador, it was EXCELLENT, better than any I have had in USA (not as good as some in France) but Really Good, my associate agreed. I have to say as unimpressed as I am at Cuenca as a city, I was really impressed by the GODA. It is a really fine restaurant that could compete ANYWHERE ! Our service was excellent our servers name was "Beatriz". If I come back to Cuenca I will eat every night at GODA.

hdorado, Gerente at Goda Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear CaptainKuddles,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at Goda with other travelers around the world.

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed our food and specially the service provided by our staff, I will immediately share your comments with them and with Betty.

Please remember that Goda and all of us will be pleased to have you back.

Sincerely yours,

Ing. Pedro Vázquez M.
GERENTE GENERAL
EL DORADO HOTEL

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had a great lunch here with my wife recently and was very pleasantly surprised. In addition to a celebratory cocktail and a good glass of wine for a local merchant victory, the food was just great. The restaurant itself is modern and bland, large and impersonal on two levels... it is hotel based and caters to tour groups. Despite these drawbacks, the kitchen and serving staff rise to the occasion and make the dining experience for non-group diners quite nice! Can easily recommend Goda... aware that there are less expensive alternatives.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here tice in the past ten days and the food here and service has been great. Simply prepared, reasonably priced fresh fish and side dishes with friendly staff and decent wines by the glass make this a go to place for dinner - especially on Sundays when most places in the central city are closed or Italian/heavy types of food.

2  Thank carmen c
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Have had three meals at Goda in the Hotel El Dorado. Have found the food, service, and cleanliness to be consistently excellent. This dining room is more than a delicatessen, with a wide and varied selection of full meals. Service is impeccable, the food is fairly priced, and of excellent quality. Bathroom facilities a pleasure to visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Locatedin the Hotel El Dorado, this is the perfect place for a quick meal, snack, dessert, or even just a cup of coffee.