All reviews tapas restaurant hot water tiny bathroom spent nights old town parque calderon two blocks nice room old world charm colonial house walking distance very nice hotel juice courtyard cathedral ecuador noise
Reviewed March 2, 2018

Nice room although the bathroom was added after the fact in this quaint older building with character. It's a little small and I knocked a glass off the small shelf above the sink. On checkout the manager said not to worry, accidents happen. Or at least I think he did, I don't speak Spanish well but he spoke very good English so if he wanted to raise a fuss he could have. We needed a special cleanup (the fault was our own on that issue) and it was taken care within the promised 5 minutes. Beds were comfortable and the room was quiet at any hour of the day or night.

The breakfast here deserves special mention. For the price, this hotel has one of the better (included) breakfast offerings I've experienced. A nice buffet to get started includes fruit, yogurt, 3 or 4 kinds of bread (always a couple pieces toasted and waiting if you prefer), fresh squeezed juice as is common in Ecuador, pancakes and probably something I'm forgetting. While you enjoy this a very courteous gentleman will be making your eggs to order.

I'm really sorry about that tiny bathroom, I almost feel like changing this to a 5-star review........... The people are so nice consider; this a 4.9-star review.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NOMAPUBLICIDAD, Director of Sales at Hotel Inca Real, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Dear GregQuixote,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to know the opinion of our clients, which will always be taken into account to provide a quality service.

We look forward to your visit again. It will always be a pleasure to serve you

Best regards.

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this amazing hotel on Dec 31 until Jan 2. I happened across their website and knew immediately I wanted to stay there. It’s one of the oldest hotels in Cuenca. The moment you walk into the courtyard, you feel like you’re stepping back in time. There’s so much character in the construction of this lovely hotel. The staff were all so helpful and friendly. I did not have cell service, so the staff often helped me locate a place I needed to visit or would point me in the right direction. The complimentary breakfast was really good too. And the on-site restaurant was superb. You just can’t go wrong staying here. Oh, and Parque Calderon is just a few blocks from the hotel. And just down the street from the amazing cathedral. The hotel is actually in a great location.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank N285SRdavec
NOMAPUBLICIDAD, Director of Sales at Hotel Inca Real, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Dear Dave,

It will always be a pleasure to serve you

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Very accommodating staff- Emma at the front desk was a God send to us. She helped us arrange our day trips as our Spanish was not the best.
Rooms were awesome & beds were super comfortable. Decor very historic & unique. Breakfast was nice featuring a different juice every morning.
Location a big plus, right in the middle of city center with shopping and dining nearby.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NOMAPUBLICIDAD, Director of Sales at Hotel Inca Real, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Dear,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It is a pleasure for Hotel Inca Real to listen to happy clients of their stay. Thanks again. We look forward to your visit in the near future. Cordial greetings.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

This is a good hotel just two blocks from Parque Calderon, the Town Center Square. It is a nice renovation and restoration of an old building. The cafe by the entrance is great for a late evening coffee and snack. The staff are excellent, very helpful and attentive. It is nicer, even though the rooms are a bit dated, and could use upgrade.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Hotel Inca Real makes us really happy to share pleasant moments with our gentle guests. The architecture of the house dates back to the 19th century, for this reason the rooms are adapted from the colonial era to the modernity of the 21st century. The idea is to maintain the identity and magic of the republican architecture house that now houses the Inca Real Hotel.

Thanks again for your kind comment,

We hope your visit again with time we could help you with a bigger room.

Best regards.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

This hotel should be higher on Trip Advisor's suggested list for Cuenca, in my opinion. It's easy to locate, has lovely facilities and setup, accommodating staff, and fair pricing.

Admittedly I arrived late and left really early the next day, so I didn't get to explore it too much. But I appreciated that they a) let me choose the room I wanted from a few distinct sections within the hotel (it's a very large property) and b) made a special early breakfast for me after being notified that I had a flight which required me to be gone just before the meal was officially going to be served. Was great to have a fresh pot of coffee made just for me (it was very good) and to get some food in my stomach before a long day of travel.

You can't beat the ambiance and the room I chose was very comfortable. Strong wifi. The shower was fine. No, water wasn't hot per se but don't people know what a precious resource hot water is? I'm someone who loves showers practically scalding hot but as a traveler one has to know hot water is basically a miracle of civil engineering and sometimes there's just not hot water for everyone all day, every day. Bathroom was perfectly clean though, towels were clean, they gave me a fair price, positive attitudes in everyone I interacted with. All around good experience, I will definitely go back someday. Thank you.

Room tip: House in rear section much older, ask them to tell you about building history
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Kisti,

Thank you for sharing your kind experience with Hotel Inca Real. It makes us really happy to hear satisfied and happy customers. We look forward to your visit again. It will always be a pleasure to serve you. Best regards