All reviews juice plenty of water pressure wonderful place to relax small kitchenette beautiful garden converted mansion laundry service colonial charm other guests upper floor included breakfast is late at night parque calderon each morning central location courtyard franz
Reviewed April 12, 2016

For the price, I thought this place was really lovely. There is an older (100+ year old) building which has all the character anyone could want. There are also new rooms out back that over look a really nice courtyard. For the price, I thought this place was excellent. It is quiet and the WiFi worked. The breakfast was good and free. I can think of nothing wrong with this place except that my room did not have a TV. It did not bother me at all as all the were in Spanish, but I could see how it would bother some people. The bottom line is I think this place is great and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
jenny v, Manager at Hostal Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Thanks for your comment. We do have a small tv just in case for your next visit. We are very happy that you like our breakfast it's included in the price for your room. Also we have a reformed suite with tv cable just in case. Welcome any time im sure we help more guests. Jenny.

Reviewed March 20, 2016

We have only been here a couple of nights but we really love the place.
Rooms are very basic, but the setting is very warm. Most of the rooms are around the lovely garden. Breakfast can be improved with variety. The staff is super friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: around the garden
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
jenny v, Manager at Hostal Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2016

Thanks so much for your comment, we hope to have you soon again, and we are glad for your comment, this always help new guest, Jenny.

Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for almost two weeks in this well located, quiet, friendly, clean and calm Hostal. The staff were always helpful and pleasant, with useful advice and a kitchen that could also be used to cook ones own meals. The garden was most welcoming and we were able to have Spanish lessons without intruding on others.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Jenny V, Manager at Hostal Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear, Dikstern.

Thank you for your kind comment and share your experience in Macondo. We work for give the best service for all our guests. We hope to see you soon. Best wishes. bye.

Reviewed March 12, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 8 days and it was great base for exploring city and surrounding areas. The Hostal has rooms around a central garden area. We stayed in a suite with small kitchen area. Good sized room, very clean. Breakfast was lovely, fruit or yoghurt and muesli with fresh breads. Staff very friendly.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear, Gill12013.
We fell so happy to hear your comment about us. Thank you for your kind words. Hoping your are doing well and can see you again. Greetings.

Reviewed February 7, 2016

I have stayed at Macondo every year for 6 years while in Cuenca. It has never disappointed. My last stay included my 4 year old son, and Macondo proved to be welcoming and the correct choice for traveling with a toddler. The staff are always available and willing to help with any needs. The breakfasts are delicious and the serenity of the garden area is unbeatable. I have stayed in nearly every room and have never been disappointed. We stayed in the apartment this time and it was perfect for a family (included kitchen, private bathroom, and two living spaces). I highly recommend Macondo for anyone, including families with children.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family
Steven W, Owner at Hostal Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2016

Thanks, Brian, for the visit. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you soon. Best wishes