All reviews taxi ride star hotel totally recommend this hotel small gym floor heating breakfast buffet mini fridge center city great bakery hotel is modern the river heated pool safe area spoke very good english business trip up to date the hotel offers
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is everything you expect. I spent 4 nights with a friend of mine. The staff is very polite and helpful, the rooms are spacious, the buffet breakfast every morning has a lot of choices, and it ends at 10:30 am, so it allows you to sleep quite late every morning without loosing the complimentary breakfast. The outdoor pool is very nice, and the sauna room is very pleasant. Lots of parking places, quiet neighborhood yet you can easily get transportation. 10 minutes away from downtown Cuenca. The price is totally worth it.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daniel C
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Dear Daniel C,

What an EXCELLENT review..!!!

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your amazing comment about our Hotel and our service, thanks for share with the Trip Advisor´s community your experience.

We look forward to your next visit, Oro Verde Cuenca Hotels is your home in our amazing city!

With highest regards.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

I stayed at Oro Verde for 12 nights on a trip exploring Cuenca and nearby towns. The hotel is in a peaceful, quiet area with a river just behind it. It's a short taxi ride (about $2) from the hotel to the historic center. My room was clean and comfortable with a large, flat screen television and a lovely view of the mountains. I received excellent service from the friendly hotel staff. Especially nice was the maid's check every evening to ensure that I had enough towels and other supplies. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection, including oatmeal and omelets made to order. For lunch and dinner, its restaurant serves up tasty dishes, such as trout and chicken. Just a few blocks from the hotel is the Vegetable Bar restaurant, which has some vegetarian dishes. With its first-class service and many amenities, Oro Verde made my stay a pleasure.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank K8732VMdavidm
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Dear K8732VMDavidm,

What a MAGNIFICENT review..!!!

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your wonderful comment about our Hotel and our service, you are the most important for us and that is why we always work to offer you the best stay in Cuenca.

With highest regards.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Stayed at this hotel for a week and felt very pampered. The staff was courteous and always ready to help us. Liliana, Fernando and Diego were wonderful. Rooms were clean and restaurant food very good.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Dear Guest Greg H,

Thank you very much for your kind words to Liliana, Fernando and Diego.
On behalf of the entire Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca team, we greatly appreciate your wnderful comment about our Hotel and our service.

We look forward to your next visit, Oro Verde Cuenca Hotels is your home in our wonderful city! I request please that on your next visit you make your reservation directly to my personal email mferrari@oroverdehotels.com in order to personally welcome you.

With Highest Regards.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Enjoyed the service and the room I had was very spacious and comfortable
Breakfast buffet was great, but the service staff at the restaurant needs some training
I will like to see a better bar at the lobby and faster internet speed at the rooms

Stayed: May 2017
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear Guest Alan k,

Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your flattering comment.

Thank you very much for your recommendations!We will consider your suggestions

Cordially.

Reviewed May 28, 2017

The place is very beautiful, away from the heart of the city so perfect if you are looking for something quiet. A taxi to the historical center $2 so indeed close enough. We took the couples package (which was intended to be for one night but we asked for a second night) in a junior suite, it turned out a good deal since not only the room was comfortable but dinner was included. Oro Verde is well known for the quality of their dishes and this was not an exception. The options for dinner were good for me even though my husband would have preferred another choice (there was only one in the package). Breakfast also good and we were visited by the manager who asked about our stay and suggested things to do in the city. We are happy we took his advice. People from Cuenca are polite by nature, yet staff was remarkably friendly. Downside: since it was a holiday rooms were busy and some noise disturbed us during the night however the concern was taken into account to put us on a quitter bedroom next time. For sure we will return.

Room Tip: Look for offers online.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoloresElaine
Marcelo F, Director General at Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2017

Dear Guest Dolores Elaine,

What a WONDERFUL review!!!! Oro Verde Hotel Cuenca family thanks you for taking some of your valuable time to refer your MAGNIFICENT comment.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us! On behalf of the entire Hotel Oro Verde Cuenca team, we greatly appreciate your comment about our Hotel and our service.

My deepest apologies for the noised caused.

With Highest Regards.