“Good alternative to the salty/sweet/oily fare one often finds in Ecuador.”
Review of El Tokte

El Tokte
Ranked #62 of 724 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: El Tokte is a salad and juice bar in Cuenca offering healthful concoctions with additions of chia, kale, wheatgrass, spirulina, goji, acai, coconut oil and different superfoods. Various vitamins and minerals. Our drinks can help improve your memory, foster better sleep, stimulate weight loss, boost your energy and detox your body. Besides you can get healthy products in our store and organic market. Enjoy our lunch specials and veggie salads
Reviewed July 29, 2018

I went to this place for a quick late lunch and it was fine but a little pricey for the portion. I had a small sandwich with 2 kinds of hummus, which tasted good, but it was kind of mushy and not very big. I would try it again, but I'd go earlier and try to get the lunch menu, which seems to be a better value with more to it. Very friendly staff.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

We liked the juices a lot. Very fresh and tasty. So five stars for that. We didn’t try anything else so we cannot say anything about the food.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

A great place for soup or salad at lunch, great value! Also a place to pick up spices and Greek yogurt - thick and delicious!

Date of visit: March 2018
EL-TOKTE, Manager at El Tokte, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Thank you for taking your time for the review Michael. Hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Such a welcome find in Cuenca! The daily lunch special is a soup, a nice bowl of fresh vegetarian food and a small desert, was $3.75 when I was just there. Food is tasty and super healthy, using all local organic produce. The staff is super friendly and get the food out fast since there is no choice on the ordering. All comes with tasty infused water, tea and coffee and other drinks extra. If your searching for a healthy lunch in Cuenca don’t miss this! In the historic central area.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

I'm very happy to have found this place. After a couple of months in Ecuador, I missed the amount of greens I'm used to eating in California, and living on the typical restaurant diet here of meat/bread/rice, and fruit but little greens, I was feeling sluggish. Here they have everything I was missing: dark leafy greens in smoothies, delicious salads and healthy soups. They have harder to find items for sale, too, like spirulina, maca, etc. The lunch special, at $3.75, is a bit more expensive than many other lunch specials in Cuenca (another reviewer mentioned the expense), but is entirely worth it for the energy it leaves me with. The staff are very gracious and the place is very clean.

Date of visit: September 2017