“Wow, how do they do it?!”
Review of El Tunel

El Tunel
Ranked #82 of 664 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Reviewed July 2, 2018

We had lunch at this place when we were in Cuenca. For $2.75, we got a juice, salad, chicken or beef, rice, and a dessert (rice pudding)! We paid $8 for lunch, including beer, for two people! I know things are cheaper in Cuenca but how can you keep things at such a low price?! But I am not complaining. The food is clean and tasty. The portions are not particularly large, but I view that as a good thing -- too often the portions are too big in Ecuador, with lots of carbs. The small room at the top floor has a view of the church across the street too. Really a nice and inexpensive place to get some decent food.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

We ate here a couple times during our stay in Cuenca but could have happily returned everyday. We had the menu del dia for lunch which only cost $2.75 and included soup, a main, dessert and a juice. The quality and service was outstanding.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

White table clothes for under $3. Pleasant service, great crevice, soup always hot and I could go on and on.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

We happened upon this restaurant when we were strolling around and were happy that we did. The almuerzo was the usual price of $2.50 each and was very good and it included dessert as well as the usual soup, juice, and plate meal. We were telling others about our find later and discovered that this is a well-liked restaurant by many.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

My sister and I ate a late dinner here on December 29, 2017. We happened upon it as we were looking for food and drinks, and we're glad we did.

One of the owners, Javier, took good care of us. The food and and drinks were simple but satisfying. The atmosphere was great. Low key but welcoming. During my next visit to Cuenca I'll dine here again.