“LOVE this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nectar - CLOSED

Nectar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of the historical district of Cuenca, Ecuador, Nectar Tea House and Gallery offers the most nutricious alternative food and drinks in the area. We have an Andean and International fusion menu which changes on a daily basis. We use moslty local and organic grains, fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Whole food Vegan, and raw food are part of our menu. One will find wheat gluten, and dairy free choices. There are no refined sugar and salt used in our cooking! Most of our dishes are prepared in traditional clay pots!
Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador
“LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My favoritie dish is the zucchini noodle pesto pasta! It's filling and refreshing. The decor is fun and colorful and the art is very interesting. The staff is extremely kind and helpful and the menu is pretty impressive for a tea house. This place is one of a kind.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Heather W

Quito, Ecuador
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Went there for lunch and wasn´t disappointed at all! the food is excellent, the atmosphere is cozy and is quite cheap!!
I´d definitely recommend it

• Visited February 2012
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Cheap healthy option”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Their set lunch is slightly more expensive than a regular locals eatery, but its healthy and completely vegan. Due to how healthy this is, you may feel hungry again in a couple of hours but that will give a good excuse for a mid afternoon coffee with pudding!

Visited July 2012
Cuenca
“Best Quality Vegetarian & Vegan Food in Ecuador”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I am British from London, a city where there is so much to select in way of quality food, so I do know a good restaurant when I see one! I have been living in Cuenca for over a year and Nectar has so much to offer in way of Ambience and does a lot for the local community. Nectar is a wonderful friendly atmosphere and the best quality vegetarian food that is also refreshingly different. The service has always been excellent and prices are very reasonable and actually the best considering the High Standards of the food and hospitality. There are so many private places to sit, or to have lunch in a group at a larger table. Nectar is a very fun and great relaxing place to have lunch or dinner, (they are now open fridays for the evenings), sometimes they have live music on weekends.

• Visited August 2012
Fort Langley, Canada
“Friendly service, beautiful setting, very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I sought out this little gem, because I had heard they had interesting art on display, and I was pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous rooms. The server was very friendly and the menu well priced. I had an excellent fresh juice combo, and for lunch I had an outstanding quinoa tabouleh. The only problem I encountered in the whole experience was rather a large amount of grit or sand in the quinoa. The art was indeed worth seeing and the beautiful ceiling is a favorite in my album. I'll come here again next time I'm in Cuenca.

• Visited August 2012