“Good breakfast and excellent service”
Review of Hotel Los Balcones

Hotel Los Balcones
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Cuenca
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
El Salvador
“Good breakfast and excellent service”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. The hotel is close to the airport and about a 5 minute walk from the main square. The rooms are good. However the breakfast and the helpfulness of the staff is excellent. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Can't say enough about the excellent care and sense of security we experience during our stay at Hotel Los Balcones. In addition to the wonderfully restored mason with its copious amount of hot water, Henry, David, Johnathan and Karla insured all of our needs were attended to. Henry is improving the hotel experience day-by-day as breakfast is now served on the recently renovated terrace - you won't find a better breakfast in all of Cuenca. Also don't forget the convenient and safe transfer service Henry offers - the ride between Guayaquil and Cuenca is awe inspiring. I'll be traveling back to Cuenca end of August and I'll be staying with my new found friends and family at Hotel Los Balcones.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NoVABill
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This beautiful old structure has always been someone's home-it still is. Travelers in a foreign country with limited language skills are always more comfortable having a secure and safe haven. Here it is. I am still trying to understand how Henry, Carla, David and Jonathon have developed such intuitive people skills without one of them being 30 years old. These young people are astounding. These folks truly care how you are doing. One of my friends had a dental emergency and after Henry arranged the appointment with the dentist, David attended the procedure as a translator. You get the point! These kids are true ambassadors for Ecuador.
Don't hesitate to stay here!

Room Tip: I don't think there is any difference unless one has a physical handicap.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Manning S
Alpine, Wyoming
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Cuenca is a gem. Tastefully restored 120 year old mansion with only 11 rooms, all individual and unique. The best part of the hotel, however, is the staff. My wife and I have never been treated so well. I cannot say enough about the care each individual takes to insure the stay is a memorable one. In fact, I was told by David just yesterday, "This is your home. Anything you need, just ask." My wife came down with a bacterial infection and everyone went out of their way to help us with a visit to the farmacia (David providing translation services) to Henry, the manager/co-owner, driving to pick up the Doctor and bring him to the hotel to diagnose my wife's illness (btw this cost a total of $40.00 for the visit). I cannot say enough to recommend this hotel and the wonderful experiencee

Room Tip: All rooms are unique. Pick one that best suits your needs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wydafish
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed May 25, 2012

What a gem! This colonial style home has been modernized, while still retaining a beautiful old-world feel. We loved the gorgeous glass doors, the welcoming glass of wine, the in-room wifi---everything contributed to the welcoming atmosphere. And as delightful as the hotel was---the service was awe-inspiring. Upon returning each day, not only were we welcomed home, the staff took an interest in our visit and suggested new places that we might want to try. They thought of everything---to a person, in fact when hailing cabs for us, not only did they ensure the driver knew the location---they negotiated the price to ensure we would not be overcharged. This is a real find.....and we will return.

1 Thank LADChicago
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Bullet Points
Great Location
Great Staff (helpful with everything)
Great Rooms
Great Daily Breakfast
Clean all the time
Home of California Kitchen (one sure dinner option)

Henry, Carla, David, Ely, Segundo, Johnathan and Flor (Staff) know hospitality.
We plan on return again and look forward to seeing our friends again.

2 Thank james w
Taos, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2012

There are few hotels I remember from all of the amazing travels we have had, but one that will remain in my memory is our stay at Los Balcones. I discovered this hotel and chose them because of the wonderful reviews they received on TA.

From the moment we were picked up at the airport in Cuenca until the moment we left for the airport, every member of the hotel staff treated us like we were family - close family. It was a special experience I will always cherish.

The employees, David, Sagundo, Jonathan, Carla & Henry (the hotel manager) went out of their way to make every effort to make us comfortable and welcome. We would spend time hanging out at the front desk laughing, asking directions, sharing food adventures and daily activities with them. Their english is 'very' good and they were always willing to help us with our feeble attempts at spanish.

In a small 11 room Boutique Hotel we found our little slice of paradise. Our room (#9) was recently completed and was just a beautiful room to be in. Our view of the New Cathedral was breathtaking and I have to say that the room was so tastefully decorated. The shower was magnificent and we loved the charm and quaintness of the hotel.

I know it will always be my 'home away from home' in Cuenca. One memory I will always have that was very special to us was when we checked out. The entire staff that was working that night came out into the street as we loaded the car to head to the airport. They all hugged and kissed us goodbye. I actually felt like I was leaving my family and it was rather sad knowing that I was leaving them.

I would suggest this little gem in the heart of Cuenca to everyone. Oh, it's 2 1/2 blks from the market, very close to Parque Calderon, and within walking distance of Calle Larga and even the Paja Toquilla Hat Factory. It's perfectly located!

3 Thank Robin J