“Nice Atmosphere and Great Food!”

Inca Lounge and Bistro
Ranked #236 of 565 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The phone number is 07-2850470. There's also a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Cuenca-Ecuador/Inca-Lounge/121568937860311.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I went to the Inca Lounge over a week ago. We had just moved to Cuenca and were both missing things about the U.S. I wanted live music while my husband craved a burger. We both got what we hoped for. My husband ordered a big cheeseburger (well done) with homemade fries - and got exactly that. I ordered the veggie tacos. The food arrived quickly, and was fresh and delicious. Portions were large so we had to take some home. The staff was friendly and attentive. We ordered several beers throughout the evening - which were large, tasty and cold. Our total for all the food and drinks consumed over a 3 hour period was $22! Then there was the music. The Inca had a great local cover band playing that night, Rubber Biscuit. They played 70's and 80's tunes all evening, and really got the crowd moving. We left as he place got packed, but will definitely be back!

2  Thank caramia732

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Mike Sena has created a terrific sports bar that is sure to please the gringo! The lounge, principally on the second floor of an old hillside building, has comfy sofas, a funky atmosphere - very nice AV HD monitors for all that ESPN and others have going on - and simply great burgers! There are some Ecuadorian specials as well and a well stocked and staffed bar! This place is fun!

1  Thank oca007
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I heard burgers in this place were good. well, they are great! and the mojitos (as well as some other cocktails i tried) are very good also.
- the owner is very friendly and the staff is fast and helpful.
- the music is good (good rock 'n roll)
- the view is nice (Tomebamba River)
- the prices are ok (good value)
I will go there every time i go back to Cuenca, I had a great time!

4  Thank FMR301184
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Three of us went there for drinks and we ordered 2 beers at $2.50 each and gin and tonic at $3.50. When we went to pay the bill they said we had ordered Beefeaters Gin,( which was $6.50 a drink for a total of $13.00 for the 2 gin and tonics) which we hadn't, we were all there and heard the order. When we complained the waitress said she would call the owner. As soon as he arrived he just said I am backing up my employee 100%, he did not even listen to what we had to say. We tried to tell him what had happened and he told us to get out of his bar and then started swearing at us, he was threatenting us and said he would call the police and we said please do. There is somethiing seriously wrong with this man, he was even physically threatenting us. This guy is from Alaska and seriously giving the Gringos a bad name, We are
people in our sixties and have never been treated like this in our lives. There are too many amazing places here in Cuenca that we have found so welcoming and honest to patronize a clip joint like this.

4  Thank saltandsea
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We met new friends at Inca to watch the NCAA finals. It is in an old historic building that is protected by Cuenca's UNESCO World Heritage designation, It overlooks the Tobebamba River, which makes for a lovely view. The seating is sofas and chairs, and it felt like home. The burgers were huge and juicy, the papas frita were crisp, the beer was cold. I loved the laid back atmosphere, and the opportunity to cheer on our USA team was just the best way to spend a Sunday afternnoon. Nachos, cheese and guacamole, 4 beers and 2 hamburgers set us back $15. A terrific experience!

7  Thank CuencaChica