“Incredibly rude staff”

La compania microcerveceria
Ranked #274 of 608 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff here is incredibly, incredibly rude. Isabel was our waitress, and she messed up our order. She insisted with an awful attitude that she was right and we were wrong. Then, she acted like she couldn't understand our Spanish, despite the fact that we are advanced speakers and live in this city. She laughed at us, demanded we pay her right away, and literally snatched the money from the center of the table. It was a horrible experience and I'm never going back.

1  Thank CTverde

Reviewed September 10, 2013

At least it's something different. The microbrews here are some of the best I've had in Ecuador, but the quality would still be laughed at in the States or Europe. The best part is the price. $4.50 per liter is the best price I've seen for microbrews in Ecuador. Can't rate the food, but from what I saw on other people tables, it looked pretty good. The music was way better than most bars in Ecuador. It drowned out the utter lameness coming from the Coffee Tree across the street. La Compania is worth a stop.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

To the reviewer who wrote that the beer tastes like chlorine, go and have a cold showers mate! And the fellow who said it was only just microbrew, then go buy yourself a dictionary buddy. The ales they had on my visit were nothing short of spectacular. Sure, I have been stuck sucking that damn pilsner for 3 months so my opinion is edged. However I have been brewing myself and owned a tapas bar with many world beers to know my stuff, and this is it!
The dark has great roasted hops and chocolate, the rojo has a hint of sweetness on the palate and the lighter ale is a great session brew.
Whether you want to prove me wrong or just like nice ales, then go!

1  Thank markaschmitt
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Strong stuff! But a lot tastier than the homogenised stuff from the big breweries. Be careful though as it does pack a punch!

Friendly staff and helpful too. Good crowd in there when we visited.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I don't know what it is about Ecuadorian attempts at craft brews, but they always have a funny taste of chlorine to them. Do they not rinse their tanks after disinfecting them? This is the third place in Ecuador that I have tried (the first is the no longer existing Santa Espuma in Quito) and they all suffer from this problem. I really hope craft beer culture takes off here but for it to do so, our brewers have to do much better than this.

2  Thank Felipe A