“One of our Favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Di Bacco Cocina Bar Vino - CLOSED

Di Bacco Cocina Bar Vino
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our Favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We enjoy every visit! Lauro is the perfect host and the food is always fresh and perfectly prepared. Gringo night on Tuesdays and Newbie Gringo night on Thursdays offer a great opportunity to meet new friends.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“EXCELLENT FOOD - ANOTHER GRINGO HANGOUT TO VISIT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We very much enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Di Bacco's. This is another gringo owned and visited restaurant in Cuenca to explore when seeking expat friendships and/or relocation advice to Ecuador/Cuenca.

My wife had a GREAT steak at Di Baccos. VERY tasty and well marbled. I had good, thin crust pizza.

There were a number of gringos - a prime watering hole for them. We enjoyed the conversation with several of the older gents. Lots of executive level talent has retired to Cuenca.

Overall, I rate this as a must stop visit for anyone seriously considering Cuenca as a retirement stop - lots of good intel here.

Visited December 2012
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very well prepared Italian menu. But we the only patrons on a Friday night. Loved the food. Service was done well.

Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, OH
“Did not meet expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were excited to have an Italian meal out. It suits the needs of a family with 2 twelve year olds and is usually a no brainer. We went on an "expat" night which I am not sure I enjoy either. I like being amongst a more diverse crowd.

We had a calamari starter that was awful. We are not very demanding and this was the first time we sent something back and said don't bother with another. It was like eating shoe strings.

My son loved his spaghetti bolognese and frankly, it was quite good with plenty of meat and a nice fettuccine noodle. The rest of the meals were just not good. The meat was dry and over cooked. It is disappointing because we LOVE a great Italian experience.

I will also say that the server was quite nice and prompt. The atmosphere was cozy, too. So there are some pluses....it just wasn't the food that night.

Visited November 2012
cincinnati
“Disappointment at Di Bacco”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My family and I were really looking forward to Di Bacco during our stay in Cuenca, based on reviews we read on tripadvisor. Those high hopes turned to disappointment due to the mediocre meals my wife and I had. The problem started with the fried calamari which was chewy and tough which we sent back and declined the offer for a second order. My wife's veal was underwhelming, as was the filet I had. Both our plates had potatoes that were cold and had the feel of being prepared for at least an hour before they were plated. Our kids enjoyed their pasta dishes and the service was good, but it was by far the most expensive meal we've had in our week in Cuenca. We will not be back.

• Visited October 2012