“This is soooooo relaxing!”

Piedra de Agua Fuente Termal & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Cuenca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Piedra de Agua - Fuente Termal y Spa is a modern and complete thermal tourism center located 10 minutes from downtown Cuenca - Ecuador. Built almost entirely from limestone rock of volcanic origin carved out of the same location, Piedra de Agua combines stone, glass and wood in its clean and modern architecture to achieve delicate and comforting spaces. Our main attractions are our THERMAL WATER of volcanic origin and a series of related services which include volcanic mud treatments, vaporized massages, steam baths, contrast baths, box steam baths and more. Our guests can take full advantage of the world renowned medicinal and healing properties of natural thermal water in a place specifically designed to relieve stress and find peace and serenity.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Cuenca, Ecuador
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“This is soooooo relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

What a way to relax and enjoy the night air. We were hesitant to try this but are so glad we did. We also ate at the restaurant and it was amazing.

Oxford, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Outdoor pools and thunder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I went here with my son - we set off from Cuenca when the weather was sunny - when we arrived it was in the middle of thunderstorm. WE tried all the pools ( under an umbrella in the rain at times), and thought it was excellent value and very enjoyable

1 Thank anned0_0
Cuenca, Ecuador
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Depends on the weather ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

$10 pp includes 3 outdoor thermal pools and a sauna. Not a bad deal if the weather is nice, but if there has been rain that morning, the pools will be diluted and therefore the temperatures cannot be trusted. The best thing about this place is the Ceviche they serve for $7 and the Sauna. The Sauna is a genuine steam room. Massage was very disappointing. $40 for someone to basically tap their fingers on me. I did not try the mud bath or the steam boxes. To get those you pay $30 per day, which I was not willing to do. They have tables with unbrellas and chaise lounges. Lockers are available too, but bring your own lock and key. Ambiance is nice. Just wish you could count on getting what you pay for.

Visited August 2012
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are tired and in need of a good massage... this is the place to be. For US$40.00 you get a complete body massage and in massage is located in a carved out cave - so it will be a little cool inside. But in height of Summer (later this year) it should be fine. They ask you if you want a soft/medium or hard massage and will contstantly check in with you to see how you fee. Came out of there feeling like I needed a nap. Very relaxing.

Halifax, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An amazing spa experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I took a package which included the steam room followed by a red mud bath, an exfoliating grey mud bath, and a visit to the hot springs tub (10 minutes) with 2 minutes in the cold water to cool the body and repeat. After this was a hour long full body massage. The experience was capped off with 10-15 minutes in the steam box. Afterwards I went in the "happiness pool", a lukewarm hotspring pool where I was served a beautiful fresh fruit tray and a glass of wine. The personal assistant offered for me to repeat the process (except the massage) if I wanted. Later, after spending some time in the sun, I enjoyed a delicious meal at the restaurant. It was a wonderful day and an excellent value, under $100! The best spa experience I have ever had.

1 Thank Love2travel2012_12