“Still One of Cuenca's Best!”

Restaurante El Jardin
Ranked #12 of 512 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Still One of Cuenca's Best!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

In the constant pursuit of the latest new dining finds in Cuenca, we shouldn't forget the tested, tried and true spots long ago identified as excellent! El Jardin offers not only a lovely physical setting, hotel style service and a broad selection of food and drink - It performs, and at a fair price!

Visited July 2013

Huntington Beach
“will rip you off”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had dinner. Food was very good, as others have said. However, we went to the bar after dinner. Looked at the bar menu and ordered. Had to chase down the bartender for a 2nd drink. Later when the check was brought, the prices were about 25% higher than represented in the menu. At first I thought it was tax, etc. Then I realized they had overcharged me for the drinks themselves. I showed it to the bartender and another server. They said the menu was old and incorrect. I asked to pay the amount stated in the menu. They said no, and even checked with a manager upstairs. I assured them I would not return as there are many excellent restaurants and bars in Cuenca, and I found many of them with as good or better food and better prices.

Visited July 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“My best meal in Ecuador”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was amazing. I had the veal cordon bleu. So tender and flavorful. We also had a dessert sampler which included a chocolate cake, two types of cheese cake, and blackberry sorbet. All amazing!

Visited June 2013
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Great Service”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

It has been around for over 30 years .The view was perfect and the staff top notch. I recomend the ceviche de camaron it was rico.

Visited May 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
“Worth a Visit”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently dined here with some expats we meet in Cuenca. Overall it was decent and worh a visit. The atmosphere was nice and the service was friendly. The fish was tasty but the portion was a bit small. I had the beef bourganion which was not really a bourganion but simply some beef grilled and then had a wine and mushroom sauce poured over, I would recommend trying the steak instead as the others at the table who had steak said they were quite good. The deserts were good and the chocolate cream filled fan was quite good. Price was ok and it is worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013