“Pricey, and not that good”
Review of California Kitchen - CLOSED

California Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We went for the Sunday brunch. Hamburger had no taste, and also the same for my wife's choice. Limited menu on Sunday morning. Haven't been there during the week. Will give them one more shot before I write them off. Atmosphere is nice. Service ok. But as I said, they are somewhat pricey.

There are newer reviews for California Kitchen

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Expat owned of course, this place makes the gringo feel at home. My first introduction was breakfast. It's very hard to find someone that can cook an egg over easy in Ecuador but CK is as close as it gets. The service is as all Latin American places....good but slow. Food is good and the atmosphere is great. Live entertainment is often available at night. Some of the best jazz I've ever seen was here. Need to stop here and enjoy while in Cuenca!

1  Thank wbailey6
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food here is delicious and the servers are pleasant and polite. The roast chicken breast club (bacon,avoc...was scrumptious w/sweet onion relish. And not even skimping, hooked up portions. Fries where perfect, crispy and proper. And Jim made my wife and I a couple spicy and yummy bloody Mary's .....which we couldn't find easily after a morning of poking around for them.....w/olives! Salads had crispy fresh greens and the dressing where tasty and not offensive. Jazz duet live this Friday april12. Nice Booze and wine selection, couches and some nice paintings to watch. Family owned and operated,, good people, good food, enjoy soon. Will def go back soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Carol, George, Jim, Susan and staff couldn't have been better. We lucked out stumbled on to Hotel Vieja Mansion, which is wonderful. California Kitchen, which is in the same building, was a bonus!

1  Thank Sabarton47
Reviewed March 30, 2013

If you want to feel like your visiting friends who prepare excellent food in a lovely setting, this is for you. We have eaten here several times and are always glad we came. The Chicken Francais is the best I've eaten anywhere. Sunday Brunch is a treat and the friendly faces are many. We will be returning with more friends.

1  Thank travelbugs1363