“enjoyable dinner”

Ranked #9 of 724 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2019

Welcoming, tasty food, attentive staff, went back the next day with my whole family. A bit expensive, reservation recommended

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Everybody kept talking about tuis place. I had to try it. It is amazing what presentation and decoration can do for a dish. Don’t get me wrong, the food was good but calling it the best restaurant in Ecuador is kind of too much. Expensive as hell and not worth it.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Excellent place for fine dinning.
We tried to make a reservation, but it was completely booked out. Anyway we went there and tried our luck in the waiting list, and luckily we got a table.
This time it was a 4-time menu, with a shrimp soup (very delicious), langoustines, fish and a mushroom sauce steak.
I recommend very much this place!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019

This restaurant is rated one of the top restaurants in South America! It is unusual, fun, entertaining and good food. The owner/chef helped us order, explained all the many sauces to us and we had a first rate experience. The restaurant is known for its meat and its sissling presentation. We had so much meat we had to take half of it to go. The chef makes creative designs with yummy fruit sauces on a plate to serve his desserts. He insisted we watch him create the designs and it was too fun. I suggest sitting in the bar area and go before 7:00. Quieter. We were told the restaurant is expensive but by our standards we did not think so.

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were visiting Cuenca and since it was the first Friday in lent seafood was on the menu. We were told by a local to go to Tiesto's as it was the best. Being from New Orleans we know good restaurants and to this point we had really been impressed with some of the dinners we had had. We arrived around 7:00 with no reservation. The staff had to scramble to find us a table as the place was full but they did in the back of the restaurant in the bar area.

Juan was our waiter and did an excellent job of advising us on exactly what to order. We had the shrimp soup as the appetizer and Juan showed us which sauce to use with the shrimp and which to use with the soup alone. For the entree we had the prawns which were cooked in clarified butter and garlic (make sure to dip your bread in the butter). Topped off with a very good Argentinian cabrinet and this was an excellent dining experience.

I'm blessed because I live in a city with so many good restaurants but as I told Juan and the owner as we left, they would be a very successful and popular restaurant if they were in New Orleans. I highly recommend Tiesto's. If you're in Cuenca check it out.