“Delicious food experience”
Review of Tiesto's

Tiesto's
Ranked #7 of 724 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Excellent place for fine dinning.
We tried to make a reservation, but it was completely booked out. Anyway we went there and tried our luck in the waiting list, and luckily we got a table.
This time it was a 4-time menu, with a shrimp soup (very delicious), langoustines, fish and a mushroom sauce steak.
I recommend very much this place!

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed April 13, 2019

This restaurant is rated one of the top restaurants in South America! It is unusual, fun, entertaining and good food. The owner/chef helped us order, explained all the many sauces to us and we had a first rate experience. The restaurant is known for its meat and its sissling presentation. We had so much meat we had to take half of it to go. The chef makes creative designs with yummy fruit sauces on a plate to serve his desserts. He insisted we watch him create the designs and it was too fun. I suggest sitting in the bar area and go before 7:00. Quieter. We were told the restaurant is expensive but by our standards we did not think so.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were visiting Cuenca and since it was the first Friday in lent seafood was on the menu. We were told by a local to go to Tiesto's as it was the best. Being from New Orleans we know good restaurants and to this point we had really been impressed with some of the dinners we had had. We arrived around 7:00 with no reservation. The staff had to scramble to find us a table as the place was full but they did in the back of the restaurant in the bar area.

Juan was our waiter and did an excellent job of advising us on exactly what to order. We had the shrimp soup as the appetizer and Juan showed us which sauce to use with the shrimp and which to use with the soup alone. For the entree we had the prawns which were cooked in clarified butter and garlic (make sure to dip your bread in the butter). Topped off with a very good Argentinian cabrinet and this was an excellent dining experience.

I'm blessed because I live in a city with so many good restaurants but as I told Juan and the owner as we left, they would be a very successful and popular restaurant if they were in New Orleans. I highly recommend Tiesto's. If you're in Cuenca check it out.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is full of charm and is a jewel to Cuenca, no doubt! I would only not have sliced the chicken breast so thin. The curry sauce with all the spices on the side were delicious. Other than that delicious!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

We were so excited to try this so called ‘Best Restaurant in Cuenca’ (as touted the more wealthy locals and gringos).
We were seated and presented with a spread of tiny separate dishes of 8 different sauces and some baguette sized sliced bread. Not impressive, not tasty.
Since the menu was ‘Ecuador confusing’ at best for us even though we both speak Spanish, the Owner/Chef came to our table to say hello...when we decided we were ordering his beef filet entres, my date ordered his filet rare and I ordered mine medium....then the Chef tried to convince me to order my filet rare as well...I said I really don’t like rare beef and the Chef persisted I should eat my filet prepared the same as my date. Both entres were cooked to order but our experience was uncomfortable.
We’re world travelers and have never had this type of dining experience at this $$$$ level.
If you’re looking for fine dining in Cuenca, we recommend the restaurant El Mercado, located in ElCentro on the street named Calle Larga it’s menu is more in line with fine dining’s more global continental cuisine. The wine and cocktail selections, excellent.

Date of visit: November 2018