“Great atmosphere, fun dining experience”
Review of Tiesto's

Tiesto's
Ranked #2 of 565 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

You can see that the chef is such a magnet. He looks like he's having a lot of fun and that makes the dining experience that much more fun, too! I was the only vegetarian in our group of 6, and he just said "don't worry". We didn't really order our dishes, but we just stated some preferences (me=vegetable dishes, others=this or that kind of meat) and waited. And we were right to trust the chef. I loved the eggplant dish (which I loved so much I asked for the recipe - which of course is the chef's secret), and others seemed happy with their meat dish too. Two big pots for everyone to share, with lots of little condiments (pickles, spices) and bread. I love this way of eating and sharing food! Our local friends made sure that we didn't leave the restaurant without witnessing the famous dessert art, which was another fun little memory from the restaurant. Even though we were all already very full and we almost felt bad eating the desserts (because the plates looked so pretty), we managed to finish them all too.

From what I heard, the restaurant is always booked, so you NEED a reservation, which I think is a good sign that the place is well-liked by the locals.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

O. K. The first time I went to this restuarant it was perfect, great food, good service. Second time we went during lunch without a reservation. It took 25 min. for them to tell us it would be a hour before we could get in, so o.k. You must have a reservation even during the day. We went elsewhere.
3rd time, absolutely the worst service ever. We were there when they opened and our waiter was doing everything but wait on our table. We had to ask for our drinks, for water, long time between courses and never did get my take home (which was a lot of unbeaten food). I also thought the dishes had way too much salt.
I will try again, but it will be awhile after this last time.

2  Thank bellad11
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Juan Carlos is a funny guy......he served my appetizer on Fri eve, and said he thought I ordered too much for a single person, and if so, to come back the next night for the steak part of my dinner. So I signed up for Sat eve also, and had the steak. He treated me to a demo of dessert plate creation, so I had to have one myself of chocolate cake and passion fruit ice cream........then I was served wine for another hour until they really needed the table. Great great food, and fun times.

1  Thank GardenDesigner
Reviewed March 29, 2013

One of the best meals we had while in Ecuador. The sauces and soups were some of the best I've ever tasted. The steak was incredible. The presentation was exquisite. The chef (who is also the owner) is creative and highly skilled. The meals show that he loves what he does.

The service was terrible, and we were there before it got busy. To be fair, we told the owner/chef on our way out, and he told us that he was working on the problem. He was very apologetic and spoke with our waiter.

1  Thank Karim R
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had the medallion steaks and my sister-in-law said it was the best meal she had in her life. But, we're very well accustomed to such meals. They are all the highest quality. For that meal for 4, a bottle of wine and 3 drinks, the bill came to $91.