“Be sure to bring your camera!”
Review of Tiesto's

Tiesto's
Ranked #2 of 518 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“Be sure to bring your camera!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

From the moment we walked in, we were all impressed. I love the interior of the restuarant and the ambience. When we were seated we were served small dips for our fresh homemade bread. The flavors of each one were different and unique. Our friends warned us not to fill up on the breads and to be sure to save room for dessert (which I don't usually eat). Our meal was served family style and when I asked questions about different side dishes, I had never seen, Juan Carlos Solano (chef and owner) went into the kitchen and brought the vegetables out fresh to our table and let us taste and smell each one to satisfy my curiosity. Juan Carlos even took the time to explain how it is cooked which came in handy when I went to the market and was able to buy the vegetable and try it at the condo. We had steak with a blue cheese cream sauce which was tender and delicious. I loved how it was served in a beauiful hot clay dish. Every main dish I saw come out, made my mouth water. And the dessert, you know, the one I usually don't eat, was a piece of artwork. Designs on the plate made from fruits and painted with a paint brush on the plate (which I went up to watch him create) and then the fresh homemade desserts, of which I tried all of them and was delighted with each one. I can't wait to go back, and I won't forget my camera!

• Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Restaurant in Cuenca”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Amazing service, and unbelievable novo andino cuisine served family style. We stayed in Cuenca for over a month and tried many restaurants, and this was one of the best. Just be sure to call ahead for reservations.

Visited November 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Awesome food”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is the best food I found in Cuenca. It is an overall experience that is simply incomparable, from concept to cuisine. Juan Carlos Solano is not only Cuenca's most accomplished chef, he is a first class foodie and that makes a huge difference. He is uncompromising and runs his kitchen with seamless precision. It is easy to get to by bus (drops you off across the street).

• Visited November 2012
Cuenca
“Incomparable. Period.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

There is nothing else like this in Cuenca. It is an overall experience that is simply incomparable, from concept to cuisine. Juan Carlos Solano is not only Cuenca's most accomplished chef, he is a first class foodie and that makes a huge difference. He is uncompromising and runs his kitchen with seamless precision. His lomo fino preparations, langostinos, macadamia chicken curry and salmon with fennel are consistently head and shoulders above other local preparations. The presentation in the domed 'tiesto' is a trademark and when the dome is lifted, always by Juan himself, the response is universally delight.
There is simply so much to enjoy here...servers are professional and helpful, the casa antigua feels like home and movers and shakers and international celebs from Cuenca gather here along with hungry expats for a time that is long remembered and imitated but not duplicated. As a person with an extensive restaurant background I can see what goes into Tiesto's... the dedication, the care, the quality of ingredients. Juan makes it look easy, but this is quietly as serious as it gets in Cuenca.I have seen too many comparisons that do not stand up to scrutiny. Everybody wants the crown, but it's going to take a real heavyweight to take it from Juan Carlos Solano.
He is an incredibly cordial, welcoming host and a essential part of this experience. If you miss Tiesto's, you have not tried the best Cuenca has to offer. Period.

Visited October 2012
Dallas, Texas
“The Best Restaurant and Chef in Cuenca!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Juan Carlos is a passionate Chef and an Icon in Cuenca and around Ecuador as he has only been open for three years and has created the most fun, authentic caring environment for his guests!

You will not want to leave. From the minute you sit down he is telling you exactly what you need to order and he does not disappoint instead it becomes a totally fabulous experience!
He engages everyone this way whether you are a local or just visiting he makes you feel at home in this amazing place!!

I can't wait to go back. In fact, I only had three nights in Cuenca and ate here both nights. You need a reservation.

Visited November 2012