“The bar of Cuenca and Indian restaurant ”
Review of The Bar of Cuenca

The Bar of Cuenca
Ranked #240 of 728 Restaurants in Cuenca
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Came here for a visit in Cuenca after reading some reviews and I was not disappointed. The naan and tandoori chicken were good. The chicken tikka and Kerala Paratha were amazing. There were tons of other food options and I just couldn’t eat them all. My waitress was attentive and friendly and the rest of the staff were nice as well. The restaurant was clean and easy to find because it is in Turqi gran Colombia, opposite to Etapa. This place attracts so many people the food is fresh and always being replenished. I will come back here!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Great food, wonderful service, pleasant atmosphere. I highly recommend this restaurant. The best Indian food I’ve had in Ecuador.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank 459stevenw
Reviewed May 9, 2018

We thought this was a strange name for an Indian restaurant, but we decided to try an almuerzo. When we were seated upstairs in a lovely, large, well lit dining room, we were informed by the waiter that the almuerzo is only Ecuadorian cuisine, not Indian.

He convinced us to order off the menu, stating he would give us the rice for free. We did. I had the chicken korma and my husband had the chicken curry. We were both pleasantly surprised at the portions. Each dish was generously proportioned in a soup bowl. The chunks of chicken were abundant. The cup of rice was overflowing and more than enough.

Both dishes were excellent, but being so conditioned to small metal dishes of an entree, we were overjoyed with what we were served due to the size and the exquisite flavors.

Nothing over the menu was over $6 with one exception, a lamb dish. Our entrees were $5 each, only a couple of dollars more than an almuerzo.

We would definitely recommend this restaurant, which seems to be an undiscovered gem.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We had a special lunch in the bar of Cuenca and Restaurant in this afternoon .It was a wonderful experience, more about the food was delicious, especially the Chicken Ticka masala and the Kerala Paratha. We got an Indian taste in Cuenca,Ecuador, because me and my husband was in India last year, we felt the same taste in the bar of Cuenca.It's seems like the natural taste of Indian spices and the food was absolutely fresh because after order only they are preparing. So it will be more delicious and more hygienic .They are giving more important' s to making the food more hygienic.The restaurant's decorations is awesome.. We're recommending everybody to try one time in the natural taste of India... You will get a wonderful experience in the bar of Cuenca... There's no doubt about that....Have a Good Day!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Last night we discovered a wonderful new Indian restaurant in Cuenca ,Ecuador.We had a wonderful dinner with a delicious Lamb Devil and Kerala Paratha. That was mix with perfect ingredients. I never taste like this before. That taste was excellent. I can't forget that.. It's absolutely delicious. My wife tried a chicken biriyani and a special juice of bar of cuenca. That was also perfect. One thing I find out, this is the real Indian taste. Only this reason am going to recommend The bar of Cuenca and Restaurant. The atmosphere was awesome. Anybody want a real taste of Indian food, you can choose the Bar of cuenca and restaurant. It will never be failure. That's 100% sure.. .

Date of visit: March 2018