“A wonderful tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A wonderful tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

Very interesting and informative for all ages. Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice gift shop!

1 Thank jtaylorjp06

• Polish first
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Panama Hat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2009

Our driver took us to the factory on our way back from Ingapirca ancient ruins. The tour of the facility was thorough and all of my technical questions were answered completely. Quite the process indeed. Noting that a man in the showroom resembled pictures on the wall of Homero I inquired if he was related. Indeed, he is Humberto Ortega, the son of Homero. With a good sense of humor instructing me to suck in our bellies for the photo together we donned a hat from the display shelf. The price is fair, the same price as any market in Cuenca, but much less than outside of Ecuador. Lenny Ledoux, Seattle.

2 Thank lal4250
Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Excellent Panama Hats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

This is a really great family owned business. Upon our arrival we were asked right away if we wanted a tour. Senor Ortega's granddaughter got an employee who gave us the complete tour of the facility. She thoroughly explained how a hat is created by hand. It was amazing to see how the artisans made the hats.

The showroom is not that big, but if you do not find the style or design that you want do not be afraid to ask (they will get it from the stockroom). If you want a panama hat, buy it here. I will attest that you might not find this level of quality and craftmanship for less (I checked everywhere we went in Ecuador). The employee at the showroom and Senor Ortega were really helpful in narrowing down my selection (I felt like a kid in a candy store). And even with their help, I ended up with three hats.

4 Thank JoeBruin1