“Start your day healthy and happy!”

Restaurant El Paraiso
Ranked #111 of 518 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Start your day healthy and happy!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A gringo friend of ours initially recommended this place. That always worries me! Was I ever wrong this time! My husband agreed that it's always packed so we tried it. For $2.20 we had "breakfast". Breakfast consisted of a super smooth mango/yogurt shake, hot milk coffee/cocoa, homemade cake and 2 eggs. Everything was delicious, clean, fresh and fast. It's right on the San Blas square so you can sit inside or out and watch the world go by. I'm now full and happy and wanted to encourage others to experience the same joy. Buen provecho!

• Visited November 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Vegetarian Paradise!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This spot is a must-visit for vegetarians (or non-vegetarians!) on a budget. The amount of locals that visit this spot show it is great value for your money. I always ordered the daily lunch special, which for $1.80, you received a drink, appetizer, home-made soup, and main plate.... enough food for 3 people! It was always delicious, and although I didn't always know what it was I was ordering (my spanish isn't so good!), I had comfort knowing it would all be vegetarian. Their regularly menu is a must-try too. Portions are generous and prices fantastic. Came here almost everyday for a month it was so good!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank dfla33
Oregon
“Wonderful fresh juices and lots of inexpensive, delicious food!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love stopping by El Paraiso for lunch, juice, or a yogurt parfait. Everything is very fresh, and all vegetarian. It's amazing what Ecuadorians can do with "carne de soya" or soy meat! The yogurt parfaits are a favorite among the locals, and a huge almuerzo con jugo (lunch with juice) is only $1.80. It's always very busy, but they serve the food really fast. A note to newcomers: When you order at the desk, they will give you a piece of paper with your order. Go find a seat and place the paper on your table. Someone will come by to get it and then deliver your food. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2012
Cuenca, Ecuador
“veggie fast food”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

You can't beat this place on value. 0,80 USD for a veggie burger and a dollar for a fresh juice. Haven't tried the fruit salad yet, of which I have heard good things, will however order that next time which will doubtlessly be very soon. A must visit for vegetarians visiting or living in Cuenca.

• Visited June 2012
Austin, Texas
“Vegetarian Heaven”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My friend and I ordered the vegetarian hamburger loaded with a thin slice of what looked like tofu cover in a light crisp crust. On top of that was a slice of avocado, lettuce, tomato, and red onions. The homemade sesame seed wheat bun was light and tasty. Yummy. To our surprise, the burger only cost 80 cents!! After eating our burger we ordered a fruit bowl that you can get with ice cream or with creme. The glass was the size of a large margarita class and it only cost $1.40. Our entire bill was only $2.20. This was the best tasting meal I've had since being in Ecuador. Caution: The burger is the size of a regular hamburger so do not order the burger and the fruit bowl unless you are really hungry. My friend and I could barely finish our fruit bowl after eating the burger.

• Visited April 2012